Encoder question for a digitizing arm

  • Don C
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2006
      Hello. I was wondering if anyone has planes for a digitizing arm. I
      would like to do a DIY and have thoughts about how to make the arm but
      am getting stuck with the encoders. I was thinking of getting some
      encoder disk like these on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
      ViewItem&ih=020&item=300001042119&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%
      3AIT&rd=1 and was thinking of using a laser mouse to read the movement
      but have no idea on how to get the data into the pc. Was hoping
      someone could give me some pointers.

      Tek