Safety questions about current...

  • Jack Giammerse,Jr.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2006
      Someone said earlier in this thread :
      Highest battery voltage I've ever seen called for was in a portable
      flourescent light, when somebody came into the store wanting a battery for
      one -- this was rated at something absurd like 135V

      Well,
      I got news for you ,there used to be made a 510voltDC battery that was for
      powering a very strong electronic strobe(big xenon tube) for photography.The
      strobe unit also came with a charger type circuit that the 510volt battery had to
      be connected to in order to actually fire the strobe tube.This was a bad boy
      battery you would not want to get shocked by.
           Sincerely, Jack G.

      Do you Yahoo!?