Re: [Electronics_101] Re: 12 volts minus 5 volts = 7 volts - This is strange ...

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30 2:25 PM
      On Friday 30 June 2006 04:51 pm, JanRwl@... wrote:
      > In a message dated 6/30/2006 12:16:05 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
      > lcdpublishing@... writes:
      >
      > I think this power supply just doesn't like to see a motor type load on
      > the 12 volt side.<<
      > DING dong! (LOL)

      I think that just about every one I've ever seen considered the +5 output to
      be the critical one in terms of regulation, and that it based what the whole
      supply was doing on that. And if there's no load at all connected there,
      the supply ain't gonna be real happy about that...

      ablest -- form of life in this section of space, a critter that can
      be killed but can't be tamed. --Robert A. Heinlein, "The Puppet Masters"
      -
      M Dakin