Re: [Electronics_101] A / V inputs on tv work, but the cable input doesn't seem to be working...

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2006
      On Thursday 29 June 2006 08:59 am, Tim wrote:
      > and the picture is fine on the screen (fortunately after the fall!)
      > when I tested out the A/V lines. Any idea why the cable input wouldn't
      > be working?? It doesn't really make sense to me. Thanks!

      The difference between those two connections is the tuner and the IF strip.
      That's where you need to look for your problem...

      This having been the result of a fall, you're probably looking for a
      mechanical fault of some kind. Which probably means looking at the bigger
      and bulkier parts first. Like the tuner assembly for example, which is
      often in its own little metal box.

      ablest -- form of life in this section of space, a critter that can
      be killed but can't be tamed. --Robert A. Heinlein, "The Puppet Masters"
      -
      M Dakin