Question about Phone cords

  • Jack Giammerse,Jr.
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 28, 2006
      Chris,
      I am pretty new here,just been on the list about two or three months and learn a
      lot from some people here,but all the programming stuff goes way over my head.
      I am not scared of schematics coming from you as long as it is battery powered
      or can be adapted to be battery powered.From the use you mentioned about telling whether or not something is in position,does this mean you also have to use some sort of circuit where a light beam is interrupted and each interruption adds one to the
      number on your display?
           Sincerely, Jack G.

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • lcdpublishing
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 28, 2006
        Hi Jack, You may see two replies from me on this topic - Yahoo is
        Yahooing again - GRRRRRRRRRRRRr.

        The LEDs will display the tool number that is in-position. The
        magazine would rotate via a stepper motor being controlled by and
        AVR. One of the 40 tools will trigger a switch which sets a
        reference point for all the other tools. In other words, from tool
        #1, it will be 720 steps to tool #6 as an example. So, the AVR
        simply counts the steps sent to the stepper motor to keep track of
        where all the tools are on the magazine. This value is then
        displayed on the 7 segment LED.

        A back up will be added to the system too, just not sure yet how I
        will do that.

        Chris

        --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Giammerse,Jr."
        <slouchguy@...> wrote:

        > Chris,
        > I am pretty new here,just been on the list about two or three
        months and learn a
        > lot from some people here,but all the programming stuff goes way
        over my head.
        > I am not scared of schematics coming from you as long as it is
        battery powered
        > or can be adapted to be battery powered.From the use you
        mentioned about telling whether or not something is in position,does
        this mean you also have to use some sort of circuit where a light
        beam is interrupted and each interruption adds one to the
        > number on your display?
        > Sincerely, Jack G.

      • Jack Giammerse,Jr.
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 28, 2006
          Chris,
          OK,thanks for explaining.I have a much better idea now of what you are trying to do.
          I appreciate the detailed explanation.     Sincerely, Jack G.