GPS

  • Leon Heller
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 1, 2006
      I've just got a u-blox LEA-4A GPS module working, interfaced to a PIC16F88.
      The LEA-4A and 16F88 are on separate PCBs (home-made at this stage) as the
      client wants the production unit (including a Siemens MC55 GSM module) as
      small as possible, for vehicle tracking. I think I can get it down to about
      3 cm x 3 cm x 2 cm excluding the battery.

      Leon
      --
      Leon Heller, G1HSM
      leon.heller@...

      ---
      [This E-mail has been scanned for viruses but it is your responsibility
      to maintain up to date anti virus software on the device that you are
      currently using to read this email. ]
    • akele4gps
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 4, 2007
        we r planning to set up a gps system in some rural areas in india.
        the primary objective being to locate a place during epidemic
        condition so that our rescue team can reach there in time.

        can anybody of u suggest whatever we'll need to make this project
        successful?any ideas whatsoever.

        the major limitation being the cost.
      • Leon
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 4, 2007
          > we r planning to set up a gps system in some rural areas in india.
          > the primary objective being to locate a place during epidemic
          > condition so that our rescue team can reach there in time.
          >
          > can anybody of u suggest whatever we'll need to make this project
          > successful?any ideas whatsoever.
          >
          > the major limitation being the cost.

          Have a look at the Telit GM862-GPS.

          Leon
          --
          Leon Heller
          Amateur radio call-sign G1HSM
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 5, 2007
            Dear friend

            I have a bit of experience in this , we have done a couple of projects
            with this base line,

            Things required for this project is as folows

            1) A GPS Engine with antenna ( with 10 - 20 meter accuracy )
            2) A GSM or A Dial up modem ( depending on the Lne connection ) ,
            3) A small Embedded board to control the modem .

            The Above mentioned items are required one set per village , if you are
            planning to install in N village the cost gets multiplied by N .

            You need one Modem and A PC in the Metro to receive all the information ,

            This is some what similar like SCADA , when ever you want to know the
            place you can Dial that particular location and get the information , we
            have done something like this for the utility service .

            This is just a jist of the project , it needs a very high man power effort
            with the Electronics and the a bit of software knowledge .

            I hope i have answered to a extent.

            Rgds
            Arunkumar

            On 10/5/07, akele4gps <akele4gps@...> wrote:

            > we r planning to set up a gps system in some rural areas in india.
            > the primary objective being to locate a place during epidemic
            > condition so that our rescue team can reach there in time.
            >
            > can anybody of u suggest whatever we'll need to make this project
            > successful?any ideas whatsoever.
            >
            > the major limitation being the cost.

            --
            success is a point where hardwork and luck converges

            Regards
            Arunkumar

          • akele akele
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 6, 2007