Re: [Electronics_101] Re: Bench / test power supply questions...

    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 1, 2006
      On Saturday 01 April 2006 12:53 pm, lcdpublishing wrote:
      > Roy, while thumbing through my recent aquisition of of Poptronics
      > magazines, I noticed a power supply similar to what Bruce wrote
      > about. This one uses the same chips, it dual output, but the really
      > strange part is the guy is using two lead-acid batteries to make the
      > power supply portable. I have no use for a battery powered power
      > supply, I would rather it be "with cord".
      >
      > If I can get the scanner to cooperate this afternoon, I can scan and
      > email you that. Would that help you out?

      Heck, I'm always interested in looking at stuff like that... :-)

      ablest -- form of life in this section of space, a critter that can
      be killed but can't be tamed. --Robert A. Heinlein, "The Puppet Masters"
      -
      M Dakin
    • lcdpublishing
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 1, 2006
        I will try and scan the article and email it to you. If you can
        figure out how to make it more functional, let me know as I would
        like to build a power supply if I can find one somewhere cheaper.

        Will your email that you use here work for me to send the PDFs?

        Chris

        --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Roy J. Tellason"

        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 1, 2006
          On Saturday 01 April 2006 03:23 pm, lcdpublishing wrote:
          > I will try and scan the article and email it to you. If you can
          > figure out how to make it more functional, let me know as I would
          > like to build a power supply if I can find one somewhere cheaper.
          >
          > Will your email that you use here work for me to send the PDFs?

          Sure will.

          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 2, 2006
            Roy, My scanner and it's printer is on the fritz. I have a spare
            here and will get it hooked up later this week - sorry.

            <rtellason@...> wrote:

            > On Saturday 01 April 2006 03:23 pm, lcdpublishing wrote:
            > > I will try and scan the article and email it to you. If you can
            > > figure out how to make it more functional, let me know as I would
            > > like to build a power supply if I can find one somewhere cheaper.
            > >
            > > Will your email that you use here work for me to send the PDFs?
            >
            > Sure will.
            >
            > > --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Roy J. Tellason"
            > >
            > > <rtellason@> wrote:
            Poptronics

            > > really

            > > the

            > > and

            > > > Heck, I'm always interested in looking at stuff like
            that... :-)

            > > > --
            > > > Member of the toughest, meanest, deadliest, most unrelenting --
            and
            > > > ablest -- form of life in this section of space, a critter
            that

            > > can
            > >
            > > > be killed but can't be tamed. --Robert A. Heinlein, "The
            Puppet

            > > Masters"
            > >
            > > > -
            > > > Information is more dangerous than cannon to a society ruled by
            > >
            > > lies. --James
            > >
            > > > M Dakin
            > >
            > > Yahoo! Groups Links
            > >

            > --
            > Member of the toughest, meanest, deadliest, most unrelenting -- and
            > ablest -- form of life in this section of space, a critter that
            can
            > be killed but can't be tamed. --Robert A. Heinlein, "The Puppet
            Masters"
            > -
            > Information is more dangerous than cannon to a society ruled by
            lies. --James
            > M Dakin

          • Nelson Johnsrud
            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 2, 2006
              Chris, could I trouble you to copy me on this? I am also interested. I
              would appreciate it.

              Nels
              gop4evr@...

              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 2, 2006
                On Sunday 02 April 2006 12:35 pm, lcdpublishing wrote:
                > Roy, My scanner and it's printer is on the fritz. I have a spare
                > here and will get it hooked up later this week - sorry.
                >
                > Chris

                That's okay, no rush, I have plenty else to keep me busy here... :-)