Harbour electronics

  • Vito Russo
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 27, 2006
      Hi!

      I'm developing an electronics application to be installed in an harbour (not underwater).
      I know nothing about the problems related to saltwater corrosion an moisture.
      Can you shed some light on it?
      What kind of enclosure is it better to use? (I've heard that an IP68 it's the right choice)

      Thank you in advance for your help.

      Regards,

      Vito

    • Leon Heller
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 27, 2006
        I'm developing an electronics application to be installed in an harbour (not underwater).
        I know nothing about the problems related to saltwater corrosion an moisture.
        Can you shed some light on it?
        What kind of enclosure is it better to use? (I've heard that an IP68 it's the right choice)

        IP68 should be OK. Military equipment is often filled with compressed nitrogen, ensuring nothing can get inside.

        Leon