AOE outdated?

  • epsulon@Xmission.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2002
      I was looking at the Art of Electronics, but I realized that the date was
      1989 for the last printing. That sounds out of date. Is it out of date? If
      it is out of date what book should I get instead?
    • Chris Crosskey
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8, 2002
        1989 AOE won't have current uP stuff in it but will be fine for all the
        trasnisotr capacitor resistor stuff...mine is.....

        chrisc

        This e-mail, and any attachment, is confidential. If you have received it in
        error, please delete it from your system, do not use or disclose the
        information in any way, and notify me immediately.
      • SexyBrian1979@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 11, 2002
          Epsulon,

          I completely agree with Chris. While your book IS undoubtedly "old", this
          does not mean that it wont contain ALL the information you need to become
          very fluent in Electronics. Remember, Electronics has been around since the
          70s!!! And infact, the Z80 Microprocessor (revolutionary in its day) was
          desgined then, and is still used now.

          Obviously, a more modern book may have more up to date information in the
          form of modern circuit design practises, but from a theory point of view
          there is no reason why a book from the 80s should be any worse than a modern
          book. It should all still be there.

          I also agree with Chris that some of the more complicated Microprocessor
          stuff may not be there, but that's not because Microprocessors weren't around
          then, more because they are used much more extensively to solve problems now.
          Anyway, to be honest if you are interested in processor design you'd be
          better off buying a dedicated book to that specific area of Electronics.

          Brian