Re: Motorola date code question

  • choaglin@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2002
      In a message dated 3/2/02 2:34:47 PM Eastern Standard Time, rgraf@... writes:

      I'm not sure if the particular processor you're talking about is the
      one I'm thinking of, but Motorloa made several different versions of
      the 68000 processor including a version with an 8 bit data bus that
      was to compete with the 8088. It is not pin compatible with other
      68000 chips to my knowledge.

      That would be the 68008. It's definitely not pin compatible, it's a 40 pin DIP of standard width if I recall correctly, whereas the 68000 is 64 pin ultra-wide DIP.

      -Chris