Re: Motorola date code question

  • rgraf.geo
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2002
      --- In Electronics_101@y..., "alienrelics" <polymorph@p...> wrote:
      > As far as I've ever been able to determine, the Motorola 68000 is
      > insensitive to date code changes. IE, no real changes between them.
      >
      > I have a stack of Amiga 500's and 1000's with 8MHz 68000's in them.
      > Same vintage. Email me privately with your address.
      >
      > My email is polymorph (at) polyphoto.com (so the list doesn't chop
      up
      > my email).
      >
      > Steve Greenfield

      I'm not sure if the particular processor you're talking about is the
      one I'm thinking of, but Motorloa made several different versions of
      the 68000 processor including a version with an 8 bit data bus that
      was to compete with the 8088. It is not pin compatible with other
      68000 chips to my knowledge. As for repairing the cnc mill, check
      some cnc sites to see if you can find any ex field techs with
      experience with those machines. Or look for customers who may have
      old ones they are tossing out when they upgrade.
    • Dangermouse
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2021
        EXCELLENT.  If their service proces are too high (no surprise), perhaps some of their parts prices will be tolerable (unlikely, but possible).

        If you DO get all the schematics and codes, you will at least have the tools so that others might help you use them.  :o)

        -DM