Re: Motorola date code question

  • Bruce Klawiter
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2002
      Anilam does still exists but I can not afford what they want to fix it. They have a flat rate no matter what the problem is.
      Yes there are 3 EPROM'S on there also. They say I can get all the schematics and codes but that won't do me much good as I would not know how to use them.

      >From my experience with CNCs, I would REALLY try to find out if Anilam
      still exists, or if not, who (if anyone) purchased it.  It may be possible to get entire cards or EPROMS from them ( I am assuming that the CPU card contains some sort of pre-programmed memory chips, whether ROMs, EPROMSs, or whatever).<
    • rgraf.geo
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2002
        --- In Electronics_101@y..., "alienrelics" <polymorph@p...> wrote:
        > As far as I've ever been able to determine, the Motorola 68000 is
        > insensitive to date code changes. IE, no real changes between them.
        >
        > I have a stack of Amiga 500's and 1000's with 8MHz 68000's in them.
        > Same vintage. Email me privately with your address.
        >
        > My email is polymorph (at) polyphoto.com (so the list doesn't chop
        up
        > my email).
        >
        > Steve Greenfield

        I'm not sure if the particular processor you're talking about is the
        one I'm thinking of, but Motorloa made several different versions of
        the 68000 processor including a version with an 8 bit data bus that
        was to compete with the 8088. It is not pin compatible with other
        68000 chips to my knowledge. As for repairing the cnc mill, check
        some cnc sites to see if you can find any ex field techs with
        experience with those machines. Or look for customers who may have
        old ones they are tossing out when they upgrade.
      • Dangermouse
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 1, 2021
          EXCELLENT.  If their service proces are too high (no surprise), perhaps some of their parts prices will be tolerable (unlikely, but possible).

          If you DO get all the schematics and codes, you will at least have the tools so that others might help you use them.  :o)

          -DM