help-Simple robot

  • aravind_tvm2003
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2006
      As a part of my project i want to design a robot.A path(curved) is
      given A whiteline is drawn to indicate the path and everything else is
      painted black.Using the path i have to move the robot.I am told that i
      can use an IR receiver/transmitter for sensing the path.Can anyone
      help???
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2006
        --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "aravind_tvm2003"
        <aravind_tvm2003@y...> wrote:

        > As a part of my project i want to design a robot.A path(curved) is
        > given A whiteline is drawn to indicate the path and everything else
        is
        > painted black.Using the path i have to move the robot.I am told that
        > can use an IR receiver/transmitter for sensing the path.Can anyone
        > help???

        It is usually done with 2 or 3 (I prefer 3, some prefer 5) of these:
        http://www.junun.org/MarkIII/Info.jsp?item=14

        While you are at the site, you can get the schematic for the Mark
        III. Notice that the design saves power by putting all 3 LEDs in
        series. This saves about 40 mA.

        There are other sensors around that are MUCH smaller but I can't
        recall where to get them. I use the ones linked above.

        Richard