remote car

  • naranjan87
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
      hii guys,
      can anyone tell me how to build a simple remote controlled car?
    • bdl7431
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
        OK - what do you mean by RC first of all? If you're talking about wired to
        a controller, then it is simple - put two motors in the car, wire each back
        to the control box with two simple on/off switches. Turning the motors on or
        off separately allows you to steer.

        For Radio control - good luck - there are a number of issues involved, least
        of which is finding a receiver/transmitter combo and then putting a command
        interpreter on the other end. Also you may have to deal with the radio
        local authorities for building a transmitter - you will have to likely
        purchase something off the shelf in this regard.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
          Buy a cheap mini rc car off the internet for 5 bucks or less and use
          the transmitter and reciever from it. Sometimes you can up the range
          with a little mod.

          Ben Englund

          --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "bdl7431" <bdl7431@s...>
          wrote:

          > OK - what do you mean by RC first of all? If you're talking about
          wired to
          > a controller, then it is simple - put two motors in the car, wire
          each back
          > to the control box with two simple on/off switches. Turning the
          motors on or
          > off separately allows you to steer.
          >
          > For Radio control - good luck - there are a number of issues
          involved, least
          > of which is finding a receiver/transmitter combo and then putting a
          command
          > interpreter on the other end. Also you may have to deal with the
          radio
          > local authorities for building a transmitter - you will have to
          likely
          > purchase something off the shelf in this regard.

        • NiraNjaN Mohan
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006

            where cud i get about the working of remote controlled cars?

            Yahoo! Shopping
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 2, 2006
              On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 05:40:27 +0100, NiraNjaN Mohan <naranjan87@...>
              wrote:

              > where cud i get about the working of remote controlled cars?

              look for RC models, RC cars with google.
              Virtually all not extremely cheap models use a modular approach (reveiver
              module, servo motors, motor controllers and motors, etc..). Those modules
              are sufficiently cheap and are just plugged together as needed. The very,
              very cheap models use some specific all-in-one circuit with just enough
              channels and stuff to make the model work, for a while at least.

              I really suggest you just buy the receiver/transmitter and servos and
              stuff, you won't be able to build them cheaper and they can be re-used in
              other models etc..

              Have a look at a model building shop to see what components they use, like
              here:

              <http://www.hobby-lobby.com/eflight.htm>
              It's for planes but i'm sure google knows a dozen for cars, the components
              are the same or similar.

              ST
            • Chuck Merja
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 2, 2006
                I agree with Stefan, and add only that airborne freqs are different from
                terrestrial. Most model shops will be able to advise here.

                VEX kits are a spendier alternative to the ready built cars, but offer a
                fair amount of flexibility.

                You might also look at the multitude of robot groups.

                Chuck Merja
                www.3rivers.net/~chuckm/index.htm

                Lemelson-MIT Inventeams - http://web.mit.edu/invent/n-main.html

                US FIRST Robotics - http://www.usfirst.org/