Re: Opinion on soldering station

  • Bob Hyland, PMP
    Message 1 of 44 , Nov 30, 2005
      I have the same RS Digital unit. It works pretty well, and I got it
      on discount. It holds the temperature reasonably well even when
      doing a BUNCH of soldering, or even when I am wiping the tip with
      the sponge.

      However, I am trying to determine if RS sells any replacement tips
      AT ALL. I just looked on-line, and I did not see any. Please let me
      know if anyone finds a replacement tip that works... especially a
      fine tip.

      Bob H.

      --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel Nicoson"

    • JanRwl@AOL.COM
      Message 44 of 44 , Dec 1, 2005
        In a message dated 12/1/2005 1:55:54 P.M. Central Standard Time, stefan_trethan@... writes:
        I dunno, i quite like brazing with silver solder, it has amazing strength
        and needs only cheap tools.
        Yep.  I do that often, as well, particularly for silver-soldering tungsten carbide (Wiedia) tips to steel holders for custom-shaped lathe-tools.