Re: [Electronics_101] Trying to make a ferrite loop antenna for the DX-398

  • Jim Purcell
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 6, 2002
      Adam,
        I forgot to tell you about the ferrite rod.  The ferrite rod is 4.5 inches #66 core.  camed from a old boombox with SW1 and 2 , MW, FM. , it has 2  dots on each side of the rod.     We gotta go have a great 2002.
      The real question still remains, how did you determine that the ferrite rod/cap combo tunes to only 210 kHz?  And was this with the capacitor fully meshed or open. If meshed you need more inductance. If open check it again with the capacitor fully meshed.

      Jim