Bridge Attenuators

  • sunshines_since81@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2001
      Hi,
      Could anyone give me the correct design equations and explanation for "LATTICE " Attenuator.
      According to the following equations that I have , for attenuation N=10,Rout=600
      R1=Rout((N-1)/(N+1) and
      R2=Rout((N+1)/(N-1)
      R1=491 and R2=733
      I get attenuation of only 2.5
      When I convert this network into T type network I get attenuation close to 10.
      I want to know
      1) Whats wrong in original experiment ?
      2) How can I get an attenuation of 10 using "lattice " network itself ?
      3)What exactly are the advantages & disadvantages of the lattice network
      4) Where exactly are they used ?
      5)How am I getting different output in T "equivalent" network and it is satisfying my requirements ?
      Please note I'm very amateur and forgive me if anything mentioned above is technically wrong.
      Help me soon

    • manifold_1
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2002
        Unfortunatly I cannot open .dxf files. I do not have Autocad. Can
        you repost in a browser friendly graphics format (.gif or.jpg)
        or .pdf or zipped PostScript?