Re: Wrong Color Code!

    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 1, 2005
      I wouldn't be worried except I bought a couple of hundred of several
      values. Now I have to back and check the others.

      I have never heard of this happening. Maybe I just haven't been
      around long enough.

      --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Henry Kolesnik"

      -----------
    • JanRwl@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 1, 2005
        In a message dated 9/2/2005 1:21:07 A.M. Central Daylight Time, rstofer@... writes:
        I have never heard of this happening.  Maybe I just haven't been around long enough.<<
        Yes, perhaps you do not know Charlie Chan of Pacific Rim Resistor Company.  He say, "Ah, SO!  You sulPLISE I spreak you rangrage!  I am gladuate of UCRA!"
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 2, 2005
          On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 04:08:31 +0200, rtstofer <rstofer@...> wrote:

          > I just received a batch of 33k resistors (actual value) marked orange-
          > orange-red.
          > From my favorite, top of the line, supplier - to remain unnamed.

          Phone them, and tell them to send proper ones...

          ST
        • smartdim@aol.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 2, 2005
            In a message dated 9/1/2005 11:20:58 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, rstofer@... writes:
            I wouldn't be worried except I bought a couple of hundred of several
            values.  Now I have to back and check the others.

            I have never heard of this happening.  Maybe I just haven't been
            around long enough.
            ---------------------------

            Once I had a diode with the cathode stripe on the wrong end. Killed a transistor, replaced it, killed the new one, then figured out the diode was labeled wrong.

          • Jeffrey Engel
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 2, 2005
              Mistakes happen in everything. If you find other
              mis-marked resistors, I'd try to exchange them with
              your vendor.

              They may even be glad to hear about the problem.
              Avoiding having several hundred unhappy customers
              would be a Good Thing in my opinion.

              Jeff Engel
              Arlington, TX
              --- rtstofer <rstofer@...> wrote:

              > I wouldn't be worried except I bought a couple of
              > hundred of several
              > values. Now I have to back and check the others.
              >
              > I have never heard of this happening. Maybe I just
              > haven't been
              > around long enough.
              >

              > --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Henry
              > Kolesnik"
              > <kolesnik@s...> wrote:
              > > not a favorite anymore I'll bet///

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/1EGslB/TM

              Happiness is - positive intake manifold pressure.

              http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 2, 2005
                As a very large supplier, I imagine they have already been notified.
                I know I'm just wimping out but for $2 who cares? The problem is the
                headscratching I was doing when my 555 circuit didn't work properly.
                It took a while before I tumbled to grabbing an ohm meter. Duh!

                --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, Jeffrey Engel <jengeltx@y...>

                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 2, 2005
                  On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 20:32:00 +0200, rtstofer <rstofer@...> wrote:

                  > As a very large supplier, I imagine they have already been notified.
                  > I know I'm just wimping out but for $2 who cares? The problem is the
                  > headscratching I was doing when my 555 circuit didn't work properly.
                  > It took a while before I tumbled to grabbing an ohm meter. Duh!

                  They should still send you new ones free of charge.

                  ST
                • JanRwl@AOL.COM
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 2, 2005
                    In a message dated 9/2/2005 2:30:42 P.M. Central Daylight Time, stefan_trethan@... writes:
                    They should still send you new ones free of charge.
                    they may-well be happy to do so, but PROBABLY will charge $5.95 for "handling and shipping"!!!
                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 2, 2005
                      On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 22:38:06 +0200, <JanRwl@...> wrote:

                      > They should still send you new ones free of charge.
                      > they may-well be happy to do so, but PROBABLY will charge $5.95 for
                      > "handling and shipping"!!!

                      no, they do it free of charge, or you are at the wrong mail order.

                      ST
                    • JanRwl@AOL.COM
                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 2, 2005
                        In a message dated 9/3/2005 12:13:03 A.M. Central Daylight Time, stefan_trethan@... writes:
                        they do it free of charge, or you are at the wrong mail order.
                        Of course, but these firms very often hire teenage gals fresh out of school without a CLUE what business practices are all about!
                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 2, 2005
                          On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 08:13:10 +0200, <JanRwl@...> wrote:

                          >> they do it free of charge, or you are at the wrong mail order.

                          > Of course, but these firms very often hire teenage gals fresh out of
                          > school without a CLUE what business practices are all about!

                          Then you are at the wrong mail order.

                          Come on, faulty parts, what's next? diodes instead of resistors?
                          They'd have seen the last of me if they wouldn't correct their mistake.

                          I mean, my mail order sent the wrong ICs once, but there was no doubt i'll
                          have the right one next day.

                          They WILL be happy to make good on it, just try them, you'll see.