Re: CPLD's

  • Kenneth Smith
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 1, 2005
      Thanks to all. I think I have it now. Started downloading Xlinx's
      Webpack last night but it crashed next to the end for some reason.
      Will do it again today.

      Ken Smith

      --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Stefan Trethan"

      <http://www.google.com/search?q=xilinx+jtag&sourceid=opera&num=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8>

      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 1, 2005
        --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "Kenneth Smith"
        <kensmith52@y...> wrote:
        > Thanks to all. I think I have it now. Started downloading Xlinx's
        > Webpack last night but it crashed next to the end for some reason.
        > Will do it again today.
        >
        > Ken Smith

        I posted 'mux.txt' next to 'mux.vhd' in the Files section. This is
        a step by step introduction to getting the project created and a
        device programmed. It doesn't make any assumption about the
        programming cable although I used a Cable IV on the parallel port.

        This may save you a couple of hours of wandering around. I know
        that I benefited greatly from a similar document when I first
        started with FPGAs. Without the simplified tutorial, I might still
        be scratching my head.

        After the project is first created, check that the proper device is
        assumed. See the upper left pane just above the line 'mux-
        behavioral'. If the device is wrong, right click on it and select
        properties to correct it. I have never had an error here but, while
        I was writing the tutorial, the device magically appeared as a
        Virtex FPGA. When I verified the tutorial with a new build it
        worked properly. Hm...
      • Kenneth Smith
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 1, 2005
          Thanks. I can use the help. After I get started I am sure it will all
          fall into place. I have been trying to avoid this for over a year now
          but its time to jump into this if I keep designing. All the old IC's
          that I used to use are going away.
          I just got thru building a High Voltage Power supply load and could
          not believe the price of the resistors anymore. I'm going to have
          around $2500 in this thing.

          Ken Smith