Re: Philips PM3310 Help :)

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 11, 2001
      I have absolutely NO IDEA where you might find a schematic diagram
      for your Oscilloscope, and I doubt very much wether you will. Have
      you inspected the PSU at all?? I'd take a look first and see wether
      there are any obvious signs of component stress. Pay particular
      attension to any Electrolytic caps that may be about - check for
      bulging or leaking of these devices and replace any suspicious ones.

      Next up, look for any circuit protectors that might be present (they
      look a little like resistors, do you know what I'm on about?) and
      check that they do infact read short circuit. If any read open,
      replace them.

      Check for signs of burnt components or blown internal fuses. If any
      internal fuses ARE blown, be careful about replacing them and trying
      the unit, becuase if that internal fuse has blown up becuase of a PSU
      fault, replacing it and turning it on again could take half the
      entire PSU out.
      If you find blown internal fuses, check any regulators or Line O/P
      stages for shorts to ground, as this may have caused the fuse
      failiure.

      If you can find none of these, why not turn the unit on and have a
      little poke about with your multimeter? First find the reservoir Cap
      and check you get full DC voltage across it, and if so check that you
      get voltages out of the secondaries of the main transformer. I know
      this is really poking about in the dark, but you may be lucky enough
      to locate the fault WITHOUT a schematic, and I guess it's worth a
      shot. I'm no fault finding GURU, but I know a bit (I repair TVs) so
      anything you find, gimme a shout and perhaps I can point you in the
      correct direction.

      All the best, Bri.