group projects

  • Mark Kinsler
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2001
      It's been my experience that group projects aren't very useful for teaching
      electronics. The sciences, particularly those that require mathematical
      reasoning, require that the student spend a lot of time thinking about the
      concepts. Alone.

      This is one reason that you find electronics pursued by kids who, for one
      reason or another, spend a lot of time by themselves. The recent promotion
      of group study and group activities in the classroom has been a big problem
      for high school and college mathematics and science: the students look like
      they're learning, and they think that they're learning, but they really
      aren't.

      M Kinsler
      512 E Mulberry St. Lancaster, Ohio USA 740 687 6368
      http://www.frognet.net/~kinsler