Re: [Electronics_101] Re: HP laser jet iiiD repair

    Message 1 of 52 , Dec 4, 2004
      > I suppose there is an end-of-life for everything - even a LaserJet
      > III.

      Go over to the tekscopes group and tell them that! they are perfetly sure
      the tube units
      are still in their youth ;-).

      I know about the other fuser sources, but as you say too expensive.
      I can get a good 1200dpi printer at ebay for 50eur and less.
      The drawback is the IIID toner is really cheap, like 5eur for a HP
      cartridge at ebay.
      For the newer printers there is still demand and the toner costs much more.

      Well, i guess i'll keep my eyes open at ebay for a replacement printer,
      but i still
      hope i can use up the toner i have for the IIID. Might take years i fear
      as i don't print much
      nowadays.

      thanks

      ST