88085Re: [Electronics_101] Plastic Storage Vial w/hinged lid

  • Dave C
    Aug 4, 2014
      I’m pretty confident that these are not ESD-safe. Therefore not safe for semi’s and probably not for passives either—as high static voltage can damage caps and others.

      Dave

      -=-=-=-

      On 4 Aug 2014, at 1:34 PM, Paul Alciatore palciatore@... [Electronics_101] <Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I find them very handy for small parts, like screws, nuts, washers,
      etc. I haven't started using them for electronic parts yet, but they
      would be ideal for surface mount devices: you could probably fit
      dozens to a hundred or more in one round container. Through hole
      components can fit too, but in smaller numbers: still probably enough
      for hobby purposes and even many small commercial shops. Most of the
      places where I worked needed to keep 2-5 each of thousands of parts
      so this would have been ideal.

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic