82623Re: [Electronics_101] Soldering iron suggestions

  • David Bobb
    Jun 28, 2013
      We had Wellers at work that were junk, don't remember the model number. The
      majority of what we had were Hakko 936. Also had two Hakko rework stations,
      and a few Pace rework stations. The pace vacuum tubes for the suckers were
      always braking. The pace were being worked on more than used. I got two
      936s from eBay for $30 a piece and had to fix them, but now they are great,
      6 years later. I have two so I don't have to change tips in the middle of a
      project.