81903Re: Inexpensive GPM meter

  • normnet2003
    May 8, 2013
      What I meant was I need to determine the peak demand in GPM in normal usage so the so the bucket method won't be of help.
      The peak GPM usage would be the best way of properly sizing a mixing valve.
      This is for a nursing home and the 1-1/4" pipe supplies for about 50 patients with 12 bathroom sinks, 2 tubs and 1 shower.

      The mixing valve tech support were finally able to make a mixing valve recommendation based on the city water pressure and the pipe size.

      Thanks all for your insight.

      Norm

      --- In Electronics_101@yahoogroups.com, "normnet2003" <normnet2@...> wrote:

      > I am adding a mixing valve to a 1-1/4" 120 degree hot water supply line for several bathroom sinks, 2 tubs and 1 shower to maintain 105 - 115 degrees Fahrenheit as per code.
      > The mixing valve will lower as well as smooth out the temps due to burner cycling.
      >
      > The manufacturers always ask what the GPM is to determine the proper size mixing valve.
      > So far I can only find GPM meters in the $400 to $500 range.
      >
      > I have considerable experience with PIC Microcontrollers if this would of help.
      >
      > How can I inexpensively determine the Gallons Per Minute of a 1-1/4" pipe?
      >

      > Norm

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic