79655Re: [Electronics_101] OPI-ONE cables again...

  • chuck merja
    Dec 14, 2012
      I'm not sure I understand your comments. There are a maximum of 8
      sensor wires and one ground wire in the cable. I'm not sure how this
      all occurs, but I guess that each of the sensor leads has a diode at the
      end of it and the other side of each diode is then tapped into the
      common ground cable. If this is true, then I definitely need to read
      these cables one at a time.

      But given that wiring, does your comment still apply, or do I just need
      up a single 8 channel mux?

      And can I dump the output of that 8 channel mux into one analog port on
      the arduino and read it there? We are talking about low end reading 0.4
      ish to 0.6 volts high end so a "full range" of 0.2 volts, is that going
      to be a problem in the arduino?