15499Re: [Electronics_101] Re: Point me into the right direction please.

    Feb 2, 2005
      On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 17:27:33 +0100 (CET), Mario Lopez <linked82@...>

      > When i was younger, I built some kits. If the circuit
      > did not work, my only mean was suddelndly switch off
      > the power supply and inspect the circuit. I couldn't
      > have done more, because with no knowledge and no tools
      > (only a digital multimeter, but i had no idea where to
      > measure) its almost impossible to start testing the circuit.

      too right, the kits are often badly described. The do not usually break
      the task up in tiny
      pieces and let you debug them.

      The exception is experimenting kits. I got a really good one which was
      very nice.
      I didn't understand all circuits (like the radio receiver) then, but i did
      understand the function
      of each component because it was very well described (water model) and
      when using a diode the first time, they really used _ONLY_ the diode, and
      just what was needed to see it work.
      I think those kits are meant for a certain age, if one starts older they
      may be too basic.
      (Can't hurt, can it?)

      You never know, maybe, if i'd gotten a chemistry kit back then and not an
      electronics kit i might not be writing here.. not likely but you never
      know, those things are powerful....

      Thinking about it, i got something similar to a chemistry kit, and didn't
      even remember at first, so hey, not all that life-deciding....

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic