15468Re: [Electronics_101] Re: Point me into the right direction please.

    Feb 1, 2005
      On Tuesday 01 February 2005 02:02 pm, rtstofer wrote:
      > For components including grab bags, try www.jameco.com. I have been
      > buying from them off and on for 20 years. Digikey is probably my
      > favorite source - www.digikey.com. They have an enormous selection.

      Indeed they do. I've used both companies, and have no complaints about
      either of them.

      > I started getting serious about this stuff around 1969. I was never
      > interested in analog (still no real interest)

      I am!

      > but when I found out what I could do with RTL logic circuits my curiosity
      > picked up and away it went.

      OTOH, I can remember a number of fun and interesting projects that used those
      parts. Are they still around at all anywhere?

      > I have played with this stuff for more than 50 years including my formative
      > years building Heathkit stuff and I still have the VOM, oscilloscope, freq
      > counter, power supply and probably a few other odds and ends. Too bad they
      > got out of the business.

      I guess the market just wasn't there any more like it used to be, or
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic