Re: Amish with a Twist quilt

  • joannafinkelstein
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 11, 2013
      My husband fell in love with the Amish with a Twist quilt and I did purchase the 5 month quilt, but also put it in EQ just so I could play with different arrangements. I still love "traditional" quilts, but I am trying some Modern designs thanks to your wonderful popping colors!

      I will say for beginning quilters it is a wonderful way to learn more. Your instructions were clear and you covered a lot of different blocks for us to try. Keep up the good work!
      Joanna in GA

      --- In Electric_Quilt@yahoogroups.com, "nancythequilt" <nancy@...> wrote:

      > Hmmm. Don't know how to feel about this. I do put a lot of work into my designs and it is how I make my living. This is also a copyrighted pattern. They do say, however, that imitation is the best form of flattery

    • Marlee
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 12, 2013
        I also take almost any quilt pattern I purchase and draw it out in EQ I then have the ability to change the colors and see the finished quilt the way that suits me. If I purchased the pattern the designer has been paid and I learn more about EQ. When I have taught EQ to others I have had them do the same, it helps beginners how to determine if the block is a 9 patch, 4 patch etc. and you learn quite quickly how to draw in EQ.