Trying to draft a block in EQStitch that is giving me trouble

  • Ann in TN
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 20, 2013
      I am trying to draft the rose star block that I saw on the internet and have a few issues with it. First issue is that it extends beyond the block dimensions in the width. It is an applique block and I have drafted it but would like to set it on a larger background without changing it's size. I will post a picture of what I have so far in the pictures file. A picture of a finished quilt using this block can be seen at:
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/woodcut55/7853559858/in/pool-rosestarblockparty. Also, is there some way to make these small pieces fit together more precisely? No matter how I attempt to draft this the pieces don't seem to come out exactly perfect. Any help you can provide will be most appreciated. Thanks, Ann
    • grace blanchard
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 20, 2013
        try inklingo

        just me grace

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 20, 2013
          http://inklingo.com/shop/hexagons/5/product/rose-star-12-inch/136

          just me grace

          From: Ann in TN <ncredbird@...>

          To: Electric_Quilt@yahoogroups.com

          Date: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 9:43 PM

          I am trying to draft the rose star block that I saw on the internet and have a few issues with it. First issue is that it extends beyond the block dimensions in the width. It is an applique block and I have drafted it but would like to set it on a larger background without changing it's size. I will post a picture of what I have so far in the pictures file. A picture of a finished quilt using this block can be seen at:

          http://www.flickr.com/photos/woodcut55/7853559858/in/pool-rosestarblockparty. Also, is there some way to make these small pieces fit together more precisely? No matter how I attempt to draft this the pieces don't seem to come out exactly perfect. Any help you can provide will be most appreciated. Thanks, Ann

        • A Key
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 21, 2013
            Thanks Grace for the site reference. I am not trying to obtain the
            pattern so much as practicing and learning to use the tools in the
            program and this is the block I wanted to create.
            I have posted another block in my folder that is a definite improvement
            on my previous effort and would generate the templates that I would
            need to create this block. I am working through lessons and attempting
            to practice what I am learning and am also a member of the EQ PDF Spring
            lessons group. It has already opened my eyes to many new things that I
            didn't know I could accomplish even though I have used this program for
            over 10 years. I would most certainly recommend Sheila's lessons to
            anyone wanting to expand their abilities and knowledge of EQ and EQ
            Stitch. Ann in TN
          • grace blanchard
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 21, 2013
              where can i join that group?? never heard of it, but hexies are hard to create in eq, tried for years

              just me grace

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 21, 2013
                There is another EQ Yahoo group
                [http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EQ7_Users_Only/?yguid=421790342] and the
                moderator there periodically offers lessons. I am in the Spring lessons
                group, which is closed to new members because we are in our 3rd week
                now. There will be 11 weeks of lessons, 2 lessons posted each week.
                She will be offering others and also posts some weekly lessons which are
                open to all members.
                I now have EQ Stitch and belong to several EQ groups as I am trying to
                learn as much as I can about this program. Already learned a bunch of
                things I would never have delved into on my own.
              • grace blanchard
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 21, 2013
                  thanx, guess i'll have to wait a bit longer ro learn more, huh??

                  just me grace

                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 21, 2013
                    Ann asked--Also, is there some way to make these small pieces fit together more precisely?--On the drawing board, under the artwork section>options, click on the snap to node and snap aligned segments. This is make your applique pieces fit together precisely.

                    Yvonne Menear
                    EQ7/EQStitch educator
                    Author EQStitch companion book
                    http://www.yvonnemenear.com/