Type of embroidery machine

  • Rose Davis
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9, 2013
      Hi All

      I am just checking that my embroidery machine is compatible with EQ stitch.

      I have a Pfaff 7570 that uses PC designer software. I think it uses a PICT
      file but I not sure what this is.

      Does anyone have any idea if I can uses EQ stitch. I uses EQ7 all the time
      and would like to expand by using EQ stitch.

      Rose

    • Elizabeth Barnett
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 22, 2013
        according to the EQstitch page:

        Export the file for any of these machine types:

        - Baby Lock/Brother (*.PES)
        - Elna/Janome/Kenmore (*.SEW)
        - Janome/Elna (*.JEF)
        - Melco/Bernina
        <http://electricquilt.com/online-shop/eqstitch/#tab-FAQ>(*.EXP)
        - Pfaff (*.PCS)
        - Singer (*.XXX)
        - Tajima (*.DST)
        - Viking (*.HUS)
        - Viking D1 (*.SHV)
        - Viking/Pfaff (*.VIP)
        - Viking/Pfaff (*.VP3)

        which means you'd need another software package to convert one of those
        into .PICT - there are several freebies out there, one being Wilcom
        TrueSizer (their webpage does not list the formats available):
        http://wilcom.com/Products/TrueSizer.aspx

        good luck!!
        luv, Liz / Calgary

        On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 11:18 PM, Rose Davis <kradenrose@...> wrote:

        > Hi All
        >
        > I am just checking that my embroidery machine is compatible with EQ stitch.
        >
        > I have a Pfaff 7570 that uses PC designer software. I think it uses a PICT
        > file but I not sure what this is.
        >
        > Does anyone have any idea if I can uses EQ stitch. I uses EQ7 all the time
        > and would like to expand by using EQ stitch.
        >
        > Rose

      • ycjmshawca
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 22, 2013
          Yes the EQStitch program will write the .PCS file format you require to transfer to your machine.

          Yvonne Menear
          EQ7/EQStitch educator
          Author EQStitch companion book
          http://www.yvonnemenear.com/