Update

  • spike_890
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1 10:51 AM
      I know most of you have done this and I aplogise if this question has been asked and answered. I tried looking through all messages on the subject, but didn't see it.
      My question is, do I need to have my EQ7 open when I click on download?
      Is there something I should do before trying to download?

      I know some of you have had problems, so hoping for any suggestons on what I need to do.

      Thanks,

      Pat/TX
    • surrealquilter
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2 12:42 PM
        No, you do not.
        --- In Electric_Quilt@yahoogroups.com, "spike_890" wrote:

        > My question is, do I need to have my EQ7 open when I click on download?
        > Is there something I should do before trying to download?
      • Sillenn
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2 2:06 PM
          Nope. You do not need EQ to be open. You can just go to

          <http://electricquilt.com/download/eq7-update/>
          In the box on the right click: [US] Download the update

          After downloading, make sure the file size is 127MB.
          I had problems with the file, and had to download several
          times to get the complete file. EQ tech suggests using
          Google Chrome to download.

          If you get a '1620' error that the installation package
          could not be opened, you need to uninstall EQ7 and then
          reinstall it first. Then install the update. It may tell
          you to deactivate it first. It's ok, update will re-activate
          so it won't affect using EQ after the update.

          Good luck, Kathy R
        • Dee Davis
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 3 6:59 AM
            Pat,
            I've downloaded it and it went fine, I have Windows 7. You should not have your EQ open when trying to download the update.

            Dee in AR

            --- In Electric_Quilt@yahoogroups.com, "spike_890" wrote:

            > I know most of you have done this and I aplogise if this question has been asked and answered. I tried looking through all messages on the subject, but didn't see it.
            > My question is, do I need to have my EQ7 open when I click on download?
            > Is there something I should do before trying to download?
            >
            > I know some of you have had problems, so hoping for any suggestons on what I need to do.
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Pat/TX

          • Pat
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 3 7:53 AM
              Thanks, Kathy R.

              Sent from my Toshiba Thrive Tablet
            • Pat
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 7 6:21 PM
                Thanks Dee, I downloaded it and had no problem.

                Pat/TX
                Sent from my Toshiba Thrive Tablet