Is this the right group?

  • paularoberge
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 26, 2012
      Hi, I am looking for the group for Mac users who are using EQ. I bought EQ7 at the Houston show and have not yet installed it on my Mac. I have to buy/install Windows first.
      Any thoughts?
    • ebony_dawn_love
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 17, 2012
        I'm not a Mac user, so I'm probably speaking out of turn, but since you have to run EQ7 on Windows parallel, I'm not sure I understand why there would need to be a specific group of EQ7 Mac users. Once you get past the installation, wouldn't it work the same?

        I claim very much ignorance on the topic. :)

        Are you looking for help installing Windows on your Mac? Or how to work with Windows in parallel?

        Hopefully there are some Mac users here... inquiring minds want to know! :)

        ebony

        --- In Electric_Quilt@yahoogroups.com, "paularoberge" <paularoberge@...> wrote:

        > Hi, I am looking for the group for Mac users who are using EQ. I bought EQ7 at the Houston show and have not yet installed it on my Mac. I have to buy/install Windows first.
        > Any thoughts?

      • Imaaje
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 17, 2012
          Hi Paula,
          My husband is in IT and a Mac lover and very little he doesn't know so I will get him to give you some advice on how to set up your Mac if you would like.
          Let me know.
          Cheers,
          Linda

          On 17/12/2012, at 9:40 PM, "ebony_dawn_love" <ebony@...> wrote:

          I'm not a Mac user, so I'm probably speaking out of turn, but since you have to run EQ7 on Windows parallel, I'm not sure I understand why there would need to be a specific group of EQ7 Mac users. Once you get past the installation, wouldn't it work the same?

          I claim very much ignorance on the topic. :)

          Are you looking for help installing Windows on your Mac? Or how to work with Windows in parallel?

          Hopefully there are some Mac users here... inquiring minds want to know! :)

          ebony

          --- In Electric_Quilt@yahoogroups.com, "paularoberge" <paularoberge@...> wrote:

          > Hi, I am looking for the group for Mac users who are using EQ. I bought EQ7 at the Houston show and have not yet installed it on my Mac. I have to buy/install Windows first.
          > Any thoughts?

        • scoutlady25
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 17, 2012

            --- In Electric_Quilt@yahoogroups.com, "paularoberge" <paularoberge@...> wrote:

            > Hi, I am looking for the group for Mac users who are using EQ. I bought EQ7 at the Houston show and have not yet installed it on my Mac. I have to buy/install Windows first.
            > Any thoughts?

          • Lynda Null
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 16, 2013
              I have a mac with EQ7. I had the apple store install Parallel for Mac onto it and I installed windows myself. Then I was ready for EQ7 installation. Parallel is better than using boot that is on the Mac, you can run both operating systems at the same time with Parallel.