New to group

  • nursekdmc@adelphia.net
    Message 1 of 29 , Jan 31, 2006
      Hi. My name is Nancy and I am from Ohio. I am married and have an 11 year old daughter. I started quilting about 15 years ago but just fell completely in love with it a couple of years ago.

      I got EQ5 for Christmas and haven't done much with it yet. I have the books sitting on my desk so I can read up on it but haven't found much time since the holidays. I hope to learn more about it soon and start designing my own quilts.

      Thanks,
      Nancy W
    • Betsy Miller
      Message 2 of 29 , Feb 2, 2006
        I am trying to save some fabrics to my user library.

        for some reason (and it worked fine the last time I used this) when I go to save library, I get a message that says:
        "access to C;/documents and settings/betsy miller/my documents/user/usrlib01.fab was denied"

        Any ideas what I may ahve changed? Is it the firewall? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Betsy

      • Christine Abela
        Message 3 of 29 , Feb 2, 2006
          Welcome to the group Nancy! Ask lots of questions here - all are welcome.

          Christine Abela
          Gecko Gully http://www.geckogully.com
        • Deb
          Message 4 of 29 , Jan 26, 2007
            Just got my EQ6 yesterday, and loaded onto the computer today. Looks
            like it's going to be wonderful! Hoping to learn lots from reading and
            chatting with you all!

            Deb
          • sarah_nopp
            Message 5 of 29 , Dec 23, 2007
              Hi,
              I am Sarah Nopp from Olympia WA. And I am pretty new to EQ. Just
              installed it actually.
              I like to play with other programs, so I think this is a good fit for
              me :)
              I am mostly a small quilts maker, and seem to be taken with miniatures
              later. I enjoy doing paper piecing and have even done a bit of
              designing of that. I like to do as much of my own designs as I can.
              I have been quilting (or at least fabric hoarding) since 1993 or so,
              but I am a constant beginner. I am not at all a technical sewist. That
              will have to wait until I have slightly more time in my life and I am
              not working so much.
              I do enjoy lots of other sewing too, and I have been chatting with
              friends in quiltchat.com for a long time. I even have a little sewing
              blog: http://stitcherysaga.blogspot.com/ and I try to post to it at
              least weekly.
              I think that is about it... Holidays are of course a bit exhausting, so
              I am looking forward to a couple days just playing on the computer!
              Cheers and Merry Christmas!
              -Sarah, OlyWA
            • Suzy Broussard
              Message 6 of 29 , Dec 25, 2007
                Welcome, Sarah. I joined this group hoping to learn more and enjoy using my
                EQ5 to the fullest of it's capabilities. It is amazing what great
                information and tips everyone has to share. I visited your blog and have
                bookmarked it so I can take more time later.

                The planning of the quilt is one of my favorite parts of the process. I
                have made mostly bed size quilts but have started planning wall hangings to
                fill up my stair well.

                Merry Christmas!
                Suzy / Ruston, LA

                The secret to success in life is not in getting what you want but in wanting
                what you get!

                http://community.webshots.com/user/suzyquilter2

                http://thesassystitcherssanctuary.blogspot.com/

              • Marsha
                Message 7 of 29 , Dec 25, 2007
                  Good Morning Sarah,

                  Merry Christmas!! I, too, visited your blog however I got lost on
                  Petfinders. I have such a weakness for Pets without a home. Someday we
                  hope to adopt an English Bulldog female however we are all dogged out at the
                  moment! Yes, they enjoyed their Christmas presents too this morning.
                  Phoenix always thinks Jades toys are better than hers so right now she is
                  playing with one of Jades. Kids!! Well, OK, Boxer kids!!!

                  EQ5 is a great program for quilt designs. You will really enjoy it and this
                  group. There is so much information and sharing.

                  Piece,

                  Marsha

                  Threads Blog <http://www.serialquilters.com/manager/index.php>

                  threadbenders photobucket<http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b143/threadbender/>

                  On Dec 23, 2007 7:34 PM, sarah_nopp <sarah_nopp@...> wrote:

                  > Hi,
                  > I am Sarah Nopp from Olympia WA. And I am pretty new to EQ. Just
                  > installed it actually.
                  > I like to play with other programs, so I think this is a good fit for
                  > me :)
                  > I am mostly a small quilts maker, and seem to be taken with miniatures
                  > later. I enjoy doing paper piecing and have even done a bit of
                  > designing of that. I like to do as much of my own designs as I can.
                  > I have been quilting (or at least fabric hoarding) since 1993 or so,
                  > but I am a constant beginner. I am not at all a technical sewist. That
                  > will have to wait until I have slightly more time in my life and I am
                  > not working so much.
                  > I do enjoy lots of other sewing too, and I have been chatting with
                  > friends in quiltchat.com for a long time. I even have a little sewing
                  > blog: http://stitcherysaga.blogspot.com/ and I try to post to it at
                  > least weekly.
                  > I think that is about it... Holidays are of course a bit exhausting, so
                  > I am looking forward to a couple days just playing on the computer!
                  > Cheers and Merry Christmas!
                  > -Sarah, OlyWA

                • fun2quilt2000
                  Message 8 of 29 , Jun 25, 2008
                    Hi,

                    I'm Sam and i'm in TX. I have had my EQ6 since it first came out, I
                    upgraded from EQ5. For some reason I just haven't been able to really
                    get going in it. So I'm hoping reading other peoples experiences will
                    get me moving and back to designing my own quilts.

                    Sam in TX
                  • tricia
                    Message 9 of 29 , Jun 26, 2008
                      I am meeting lots of Texans on the internet, Welcome If you need anything I will do my best to help you..

                      tricia
                      psimmons1219
                      NE Texas

                      Message 10 of 29 , Jun 17, 2010
                        Hi,
                        My name is Penny and I reside in NC. I have been an EQ fan since EQ5 came out. I like to design quilts. I have just recently received EQ7 and joined this group to learn more about it and the other EQ products of which I have several.  Dear Jane, Dear Hanna, Block Base, Stash, Classic Applique and My Dream House to name a few.  I have 3 grown and married sons, 5 grand children, 3 great grandchildren and a wonderful husband of 24 years (second marriage) :-) I have a lot of quilts to make. Looking forward to enjoying this group.
                        EQ Hugs,
                        Penny in NC

                      • happyqltr2
                        Message 11 of 29 , Jun 17, 2010
                          Hi,
                          I'm a newby to the group. I received my EQ7 last week, and am enjoying
                          all that it will do.

                          I have had all the EQ's since they started many years ago. It's a
                          great program. Everything I make I do on EQ. I love the way I can
                          put designs into a workbook and look at an entire project at one time.

                          EQ7 looks great, many new things and challenges. Not everything I design gets made out of fabric, but everything I make is designed in EQ.

                          We are retired so I have more time to play than I used to. Quilting is
                          my hobby and also a great joy.

                          I'm looking forward to being in the group.

                          Jane
                        • Nancy
                          Message 12 of 29 , Aug 2, 2010
                            Hi, just heard about this group and thought I would like to join. I am still relatively knew to EQ as I was still trying to learn 6 when 7 arrived. Look forward to sharing with you all and learning from your experiences. Nancy
                          • Zari
                            Message 13 of 29 , Mar 31, 2011
                              Hi Members,

                              I am new to the group. I am reasonably new to quilts, I have made a couple.
                              I do a lot of machine embroidery so am wanting to start incorporating some
                              of my designs into quilts. I did send in an email - but it has not come
                              through. My question to Members is does anyone own the kaleidoscope add on
                              for EQ 7 - what their thoughts on it. Upgraded from EQ6 to 7. And have
                              purchased some of the lesson books from the EQ site. I have learnt quite a
                              bit already by just reading the posts from the many talented people on this
                              group. So thank you to all. Zari

                            • awschrei2000
                              Message 14 of 29 , Oct 13, 2011
                                Hi, I am new to the Electric Quilt group. I have EQ5 and I am wondering is there an advantage to purchasing the EQ7. What does it offer over the EQ5?
                                Carol Schreiber
                              • Eileen Hoheisel
                                Message 15 of 29 , Oct 20, 2011
                                  Carol,

                                  If you like EQ5, you'll absolutely love EQ7. There is no way I'd go back to
                                  5, 6 great improvement from 5, and 7 is better than 6. Things are so much
                                  easier in 7. Go to the EQ website, and look at the features of 7, I think
                                  that should still be there somewhere. There are too many wonderful things
                                  to go into it in an email.

                                  Eileen

                                • dotmrichey@aol.com
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Oct 20, 2011
                                    Carol, see these pages on the EQ website
                                    :
                                    _http://www.electricquilt.com/Shop/EQ5toEQ7.asp_
                                    (http://www.electricquilt.com/Shop/EQ5toEQ7.asp)
                                    _http://www.electricquilt.com/Shop/EQ6/EQ6.asp_
                                    (http://www.electricquilt.com/Shop/EQ6/EQ6.asp)
                                    _http://www.electricquilt.com/Shop/EQ7/EQ7.asp_
                                    (http://www.electricquilt.com/Shop/EQ7/EQ7.asp)

                                    After checking these pages out thoroughly, I think you'll have the answer
                                    to your question!

                                    Dottie in Atlanta

                                  • Dee Davis
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Feb 19, 2012
                                      Hi I'm Dee. I live in mid-central Arkansas, and I'm an addict .. quilt addict .. fabric-a-holic .. EQ .. and obsessive at it all :>

                                      I've been quilting for 30+ yrs or so .. and can never get enough. I have an extensive stash due to working in a quilt shop once upon a time (which I LOVED), but it created a monster outta me ! Moving here in '07, there are quilt shops, but 2+ hrs away -- so I usually only get to a shop when on vacation, which is rare.

                                      I have been using EQ since Vers 5, but last year I finally broke down and took the Quilt University class and it was the best thing I had ever done! I now practice making blocks by using my encyclopedias of blocks, magazines, calendars .. drawings that I do when I see something I like .. I usually use Easy Draw more than anything else as I like geometric shapes .. but when I need to, I can use the other. I'm trying to get better at all aspects of it's use, but I love being able to see a quilt and adjust before I sew and rip LOL

                                      I started teaching at a local store at the request of the owner, and it's taken off. When she moved out of state, I moved to the local craft store with a larger classroom, nothing beats passing on the passion !

                                      For the past couple years I have been steadily working on my UFO's (or projects in ziploc bags) that I have put aside because I HAVE to do them. Or they are intended for someone. My problem is that I don't have any quilts of my OWN to show for it, so I am changing that by doing a couple for ME this year. One is a log cabin that I had put aside since '05, 64 blocks and I want to do a pieced border. I have been building my sketchbook the last week and have finally decided on one.

                                      Another is a lonestar log cabin that the center is complete but I just finished collecting and swapping out the blues. I haven't been able to draw this one in EQ as the center is on point and the log cabins are in a barnraising formation, maybe I can pick your brains about drawing this one.

                                      Then I have a 9 patch and log cabin that I have been swapping out the greens -- and of course, my Civil War Tribute ... that should give ME a few around the house.

                                      I look forward to meeting ya'll ..

                                      Dee in AR
                                    • Mary Smith
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Feb 21, 2012
                                        Wow Dee I wish you were my neighbor, comparison to you my knowledge is like a dinosaur, I know it must be simple and maybe I am trying too hard.
                                        Welcome aboard

                                          Mary

                                        Quilting is my passion

                                        Message 19 of 29 , Feb 24, 2012
                                          Where in OK are you? I might be in AR now, but hubby is being transferred and it seems that OK might be it .. I'm not worrying about it 'yet' ...

                                          Thanx for the welcome ..

                                          Dee in AR

                                          --- In Electric_Quilt@yahoogroups.com, Mary Smith <namawsbuzyquiltn@...> wrote:

                                          > Wow Dee I wish you were my neighbor, comparison to you my knowledge is like a dinosaur, I know it must be simple and maybe I am trying too hard.
                                          > Welcome aboard
                                          >
                                          >   Mary
                                          >
                                          > Quilting is my passion

                                        • Dee Davis
                                          Message 20 of 29 , Feb 24, 2012
                                            Where in OK are you? I might be in AR now, but hubby is being transferred and it seems that OK might be it .. I'm not worrying about it 'yet' ...

                                            Thanx for the welcome ..

                                            Dee in AR

                                            --- In Electric_Quilt@yahoogroups.com, Mary Smith <namawsbuzyquiltn@...> wrote:

                                            > Wow Dee I wish you were my neighbor, comparison to you my knowledge is like a dinosaur, I know it must be simple and maybe I am trying too hard.
                                            > Welcome aboard
                                            >
                                            >   Mary
                                            >
                                            > Quilting is my passion

                                          • lacostumier
                                            Message 21 of 29 , Sep 17, 2012
                                              Hello ladies:
                                              I have just joined and will be buying EQ7 in the next few days. I have thought about it for a while and decided It would be useful to have this program. I like to design my own quilts rather than relying on others designs. Several quilts I see in magazines are not large enough to suit me and I think a program would make the changes easier to accomplish. I have only made about five or six quilts so far, but dream of so many more. I love sewing of all kinds and look forward to learning about this program. Thank you for letting me join today.

                                              Cherie
                                              in Ontario, Canada
                                            • Dianna Blair
                                              Message 22 of 29 , Nov 3, 2012
                                                Hello,
                                                I am new to the group.  I used to have EQ 5, lost it a long time ago.  I have been doing a little research, and have decided to buy EQ 7, due to cost it will have to be after Christmas though.  In the mean time, I did purchase Quilt Design Wizard.  I did as suggested and have printed out all the lessons, have only gotten through lesson one, but was well pleased with how user friendly it is.  I hope that the EQ 7 will be easy for me to get through as well.

                                                Dianna

                                                http://blairblogproject.blogspot.com/

                                              • Judy M
                                                Message 23 of 29 , Nov 17, 2012
                                                  I find that the lessons and videos in EQ7 are easy to understand, and
                                                  they are very helpful.
                                                  Judy in Toronto