Tablet and EQ7

  • Deb
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1 6:10 PM
      I know this may be a repeat, but I cannot find any information in the files or old messages. I would like to purchase a portable computer to take EQ7 with me. Can anyone give me information on what they use? Thank you.

      Debbie
    • naturelady@sprynet.com
      Message 2 of 8 , May 2 5:54 AM
        Deb <debcsews@...> wrote:

        I know this may be a repeat, but I cannot find any information in the files or old messages. I would like to purchase a portable computer to take EQ7 with me. Can anyone give me information on what they use? Thank you.

        Debbie

        As far as I know EQ will not work on any tablet. Tablets do not use the same operating systems as computers ( like windows ) I assume it would work on a notebook type computer that has windows ( not familar with Apples op. System ,) I debated between a notebook and a tablet last year. I went with the tablet after sittinv down and thinking about what I would actually use it for. I used EQ7 at home even when I had my laptop with me on a trip I seldom opened the program. At retreats I all ready had the quilts planned . I use EQ at home and once the quilt is planned I export jpgs of blocks and quilts to a pdf file where I add any special notes and instructions. I transfer this file to the tablet. I do this with quilts that I work on at home too.
        Rosanne
        narurelady@...

      • Sharon K
        Message 3 of 8 , May 2 6:42 AM
          Debbie, This is what is on the Electric Quilt Website:

          Minimum system requirements for EQ7:
          WindowsR XP, WindowsR Vista, or WindowsR 7 (32 or 64 bit)
          Internet access (Internet required for activation, deactivation, and
          periodic validations.)
          750 MB of available hard-disk space
          CD-ROM drive

          Minimum system requirements for EQ6 to EQ7 Upgrade:
          Upgrade version of Electric QuiltR 7 will install only if you are a
          licensed user of Electric QuiltR 6 (EQ6)
          WindowsR XP, WindowsR Vista, or WindowsR 7 (32 or 64 bit)
          Internet access (Internet required for activation, deactivation, and
          periodic validations.)
          750 MB of available hard-disk space
          CD-ROM drive

          Recommended:
          Monitor with screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or greater
          AdobeR ReaderR
          Sound card for demo videos

          Sharon in MI
        • Cathy
          Message 4 of 8 , May 2 4:17 PM
            Hi,

            Are you asking about a tablet or a laptop/notebook?

            I use EQ6 on a laptop/notebook just fine.

            There are tablets that have windows operating systems. Just google and you'll find them. Typically, tablets are used as touchscreens, but I've seen people using keyboards with them too. Not sure if you could use a mouse with them though.

            Cathy

            --- In Electric_Quilt@yahoogroups.com, "Deb" <debcsews@...> wrote:

            > I know this may be a repeat, but I cannot find any information in the files or old messages. I would like to purchase a portable computer to take EQ7 with me. Can anyone give me information on what they use? Thank you.
            >
            > Debbie

          • Janet Stoneking
            Message 5 of 8 , May 2 5:57 PM
              Another caution: I decided to purchase a notebook (smaller than a laptop) to use EQ rather than my desktop, for travel. Too late, I discovered that the screen size was too small for EQ use. I hope this helps! Janet

            • Mary Jean
              Message 6 of 8 , May 2 7:30 PM
                Debbie, I have EQ7 loaded on my Laptop computer. In fact, several years ago I made the decision to have all of my software loaded on my Laptop and it is my only computer. Have not missed my desktop.
                MJ in Plymouth, MI

                --- In Electric_Quilt@yahoogroups.com, "Deb" <debcsews@...> wrote:

                > I know this may be a repeat, but I cannot find any information in the files or old messages. I would like to purchase a portable computer to take EQ7 with me. Can anyone give me information on what they use? Thank you.
                >
                > Debbie

              • Deb
                Message 7 of 8 , May 3 4:02 PM
                  A big Thank You, to all of you that has replied to my question. I do appeciate it and I knew you guys would know :)

                  Debbie

                  --- In Electric_Quilt@yahoogroups.com, "Deb" <debcsews@...> wrote:

                  > I know this may be a repeat, but I cannot find any information in the files or old messages. I would like to purchase a portable computer to take EQ7 with me. Can anyone give me information on what they use? Thank you.
                  >
                  > Debbie

                • Lynda Null
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 3 7:45 PM
                    I have a MacBook Pro. EQ told me, this software only works with windows operating systems. I have a windows operating system on this Mac, as well. It runs fine, but in the Wndows area. Lyn