Various Size Blocks in a quilt

  • Barbara
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1 7:01 AM
      Hi,

      Ok I have another quilt that I want to make but not sure where to start in EQ7.

      I have this fabric that is a Panel and from that there are pictures that I will cut out and the finished size of the main picture/block will be 9 x 10 1/2 but I want to only use 4 of these in the baby/child quilt, but I want to add pieces of fabric around them in different sizes like in rectangles strips etc.

      If anyone has the book Quilts from the Funny Farm by Tricia Cribbs its on the front cover but her quilt is too large as I want to make it smaller.

      Do I go to easy draw block in EQ7, I am just not sure on where to start this at. I have an idea on the size I want the finished quilt to be approx 44 x 44. And I know the finished size of the panel pictures but I want it to look scrappy around it with no rhyme or reason.

      Can I do this in EQ7? Or do I need to pull out the old pencil and graph paper? I sure hope not.

      I just designed another quilt with using patches but then I just had shashing around them. Picture is posted in Barbara-Oh

      Thanks for any information you can pass on.

      Barbara-Ohio
    • Eileen Hoheisel
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1 7:39 AM
        Hi Barbara,
        I would do a Custom Set layout. make it 44x44". If you want borders, add
        them the size you want, and make the layout smaller to make the finished
        size 44x44".
        On Layer 1, click the Set Block. Right click on the palette and Add Plain
        Block. Drag it to the worktable, size it, then copy and paste it to get
        more blocks the same size. Make 4 blocks 9x10.5" or whatever size you want.
        Place them where you want them. Add more blocks, squares or rectangles and
        fill in around the picture blocks.

        Eileen

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1 8:41 AM
          > Hi Barbara,
          > I would do a Custom Set layout. make it 44x44". If you want borders, add

          Hi Eileen,
          Thank you for such a quick response,and the helpful information, hopefully I can start it later today or tonight. I wish there was a hands on class in my area for EQ7, I know a little bit about the program but just not enough sometimes.

          Barbara-OH
        • Eileen Hoheisel
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 1 5:23 PM
            You're welcome, Barbara, hope it works for you.

            Eileen