RE: [Electric_Quilt] Re: custom quilt

  • PJA
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2011
      Okay have gotten a start, ha! have the quilt size selected, and the borders,
      and have saved the layout. Each of my blocks and patches and lattice are
      different sizes.

      Drew out each size and saved the plain block to sketchbook, but when I view
      them in the sketchbook they all appear to be the same size square. And I
      can't set them into the quilt. I have chosen "set block" clicked on the
      block held down the control key and moved to the quilt layout, nothing
      happens. As soon as I move into the quilt area I loose the set block icon.
      What am I missing?

      HELP Please!!

      "If you think you are too small to be effective you have never been in bed
      with a mosquito."

      Pat (pja36@...) in the beautiful Mtns. of Tn

      at Heirloom Stitches

      Home of Templar & Traditional Hand Applique

    • Sheila Williams
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2011
        At 7/1/2011, PJA wrote:
        >And I can't set them into the quilt. I have chosen "set block" clicked on the
        >block held down the control key and moved to the quilt layout, nothing
        >happens. As soon as I move into the quilt area I loose the set block icon.
        >What am I missing?

        Hi Pat,

        Just a reminder in my last message I posted a reminder that embroidery images
        are set on "Layer 3". I noted in your original message you were
        planning on using "EXP" images
        in your design. Hence the reminder. Regular Blocks are set on "Layer 1".

        Also I would suggest you take a look at Pages 102 - 105 in your EQ7
        User Manual for
        more detailed instructions of how to set , rotate and resize the
        blocks on the layout.

        It is easier to direct you to these pages rather then retype all of
        those instructions
        on a BlackBerry. Plus you can mark the pages for future uses. :-)

        BTW, I would suggest that you take a look at "Lesson 6: Custom Set &
        Layers" under
        Quilts. This lessons will save you a lot of time and frustration on
        how to use Custom Set.
        You can find the lesson by clicking on Help on the menu bar then
        click on EQ Lessons (PDFs).
        You will need Acrobat Reader to view and print the lessons.

        *^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
        Sheila Williams
        Temecula, CA
        Computer and Quilting Software Consultant
        donegan@...
        http://www.SheilaWilliams.com

        Sent using AT& T Blackberry
      • PJA
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 1, 2011
          Thank you Sheila for you help, did find most of what I needed as I searched
          the index, my problem as always, I don't use the same terminology as the
          manual. Did get my quilt design set, only one thing I couldn't find, when
          placing blocks next to each other, how do you keep them from overlapping, or
          not lining up. I set my grid to 1/8" next time may go to 1/16" don't know
          if that will help. Most of these patches/blocks are in quarters as in 8.25
          although I have several that came out 8.125 and I think that is because of
          my placing the blocks they may be off a smidge off. But for a first time,
          am pretty pleased with my results, and since I am embroidering the bigger
          blocks first, will make them larger anyway to fit in the hoop and then trim
          as I set the rows. I hope!

          Again I thank you for your suggestions.

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 1, 2011
            At 7/1/2011, PJA wrote:
            >I set my grid to 1/8" next time may go to 1/16" don't know
            >if that will help. Most of these patches/blocks are in quarters as in 8.25
            >although I have several that came out 8.125 and I think that is because of
            >my placing the blocks they may be off a smidge off. But for a first time,
            >am pretty pleased with my results, and since I am embroidering the bigger
            >blocks first, will make them larger anyway to fit in the hoop and then trim
            >as I set the rows. I hope!

            Hi Pat,

            This is where the Help files in the program are more detailed then the manual.

            Click on Help then click on the Index Tab. In the text box type in
            Nuge (Nug will get you there),
            click on "Nudging blocks into position". This section will have all
            the information you need
            to help with this problem.

            I suggest you adding this page to your Help Favorites since it is a
            page you will need again
            if you work with the Custom Set layout again in the future.