Welcome to everyone and some beginner tips

  • Judee
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2006
      To all the new people (and longtimers too) learning EQ. Welcome!!! and
      Happy 2006!

      The first questions I had about EQ (after I installed it) was "What do I do
      next".
      The answer is: Do the lessons in the getting started book that came with
      the program (its the orange skinny one if you have EQ5).
      They are well written and lead you step by step through the basics. If
      you can't figure something out then give a hollar on this list.
      I also like watching the videos that come with v5. They will be found on
      the Help tab at the top of the screen. You will get 3 different video menus
      depending if your on the EasyDraw (piceced) or Patchdraw (applique) page or
      the quilt worktable.
      Dont forget to register your EQ (if you have v5 you can do this online at
      the EQ website and get a freebie too)
      When EQ is ready to release EQ6 (not yet announced) you will be one of the
      first to received a discount coupon to upgrade. It is very very $$
      worthwile to do this.

      Once you make some quilts, I hope you can upload some pictures into our
      files so we can all see everyones work.

      Judee in CO