Printing banners

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 8 , May 4, 2011
      I know the odds of anyone having an answer for me are pretty slim, but I thought I'd ask anyway.
      I have an HP Photosmart premium all in one printer (C309g) and I can't figure out how to print a banner, or know if it is even possible. Does anyone know if it is and how? I keep seeing this baner type fabric, but it won't do me any good if I can't figure out how to use it.
      I did pay for a year of HP tech support, but that means an hour or two long conversation with someone I can't even understand, LOL!
      Thanks,
      Susan G
      Central Oregon
    • kimberley Dierdorf
      Message 2 of 8 , May 4, 2011
        Does your printer have a banner setting? Usually in advance properties
        Kimberley Dierdorf
        http://community.webshots.com/user/kimdyuma57
        Please spay or neuter your pets- Adopt from your local shelter

        Message 3 of 8 , May 4, 2011
          Would that it were so easy, I haven't seen a thing that says banner! (or frankly I would have tried it, LOL)
          Susan

          --- In Electric_Quilt@yahoogroups.com, "kimberley Dierdorf" <kimd2@...> wrote:

          > Does your printer have a banner setting? Usually in advance properties
          > Kimberley Dierdorf
          > http://community.webshots.com/user/kimdyuma57
          > Please spay or neuter your pets- Adopt from your local shelter

        • kimberley Dierdorf
          Message 4 of 8 , May 4, 2011
            Never mind- I went looking on this printer here and couldn't find it but I know that my old printer had that setting since I have used it in the past
            Kimberley Dierdorf
            http://community.webshots.com/user/kimdyuma57
            Please spay or neuter your pets- Adopt from your local shelter
            Would that it were so easy, I haven't seen a thing that says banner! (or frankly I would have tried it, LOL)
            Susan

            --- In Electric_Quilt@yahoogroups.com, "kimberley Dierdorf" <kimd2@...> wrote:

            > Does your printer have a banner setting? Usually in advance properties
            > Kimberley Dierdorf
            > http://community.webshots.com/user/kimdyuma57
            > Please spay or neuter your pets- Adopt from your local shelter

          • SusanIverson
            Message 5 of 8 , May 5, 2011
              You should be able to do it by setting up a custom page size. The most important factor is the paper feed. Is there clear easy access where you can feed the fabric through?

              Setup a custom page size of 8.5 x 120, for example. This would be done in the program from which you are printed. You may be limited to the length. I just checked mine, and I am limited to 30 inches.

              Susan

            • KRRCrafts@aol.com
              Message 6 of 8 , May 5, 2011
                I have the same model. All I did is set up a new printer setting.

                Open HP Solution Center. Click Settings (at the bottom). Click Printer
                Settings. Select a shortcut (I chose "Photo Printing - Borderless"). Click on
                Print quality and select Best.

                Click on the Features tab at the top. Click on the Size drop down arrow.
                Select Custom. Give it a unique name. Click on the Borderless box. Change the
                size to the maximum: Width at 8.5 inches, Length at 30.00. Click on Save.
                Click on OK. Notice ... the longest banner you can set it up for is 30
                inches.

                Click on the Printing Shortcuts tab. Click on Save As, and give the new
                shortcut a name.

                When you want to print the banner: Click on Print. Click on Preferences.
                Select the new banner shortcut. Click Print.
                Kathy R

                The left side of my brain ran away, and the right side went to find it.
                I don't think they're ever coming back.

              • The Schlimmers
                Message 7 of 8 , May 5, 2011
                  I have the HP Photosmart 7900 and when I go to the Control Panel and click on Printers and Faxes, then Right click on your printer and then on Properties, go to the Advanced tab and down on the left is a button Printing Defaults, click on that and it takes you to Paper/Quality tab which has the Size is: block you then use the little arrow to go to Banner size. I have never used it but that's where it is on my printer.

                  HTH,
                  Margaret

                • Bonnie Tanner
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 5, 2011
                    Look in “Properties” and see if you can create a custom paper size. My Epson does not say anything about banners, but I can create a paper size that is 8.5 inches wide by XXXX inches long. I emailed customer support and they said the size can be set to up to 44 inches long.