First EQ quilt that is complete

  • Suzanne Daurio
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 5, 2011
      I have my first finish of 2011 and it's my first quilt that I designed and
      completed using EQ. I have a few more for 2011 designed and hope to get
      completed, but it's a start.

      Pictures posted if you are interested:
      http://suedaurio.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-first-finish-of-2011-and-design-wall.html

      Sue Daurio
      http://suedaurio.blogspot.com/

    • patriciajhansen@aol.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 5, 2011
        Sue, your quilt is beautiful!

        Isn't EQ a fun program?

        Patricia

      • mrutherford@mcsnet.ca
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 5, 2011
          I love it...congrats. Magdala

          On Wed, 5 Jan 2011 06:00:15 -0800 (PST), Suzanne Daurio
          <s.daurio@...> wrote:
          > I have my first finish of 2011 and it's my first quilt that I designed
          > and
          > completed using EQ. I have a few more for 2011 designed and hope to
          > get
          > completed, but it's a start.
          >
          > Pictures posted if you are interested:
          >
          > http://suedaurio.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-first-finish-of-2011-and-design-wall.html
          > [1]
          >
          > Sue Daurio
          > http://suedaurio.blogspot.com/ [2]
        • Ana Kempfer
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 5, 2011
            Sue,
            Your quilt is beautiful!  Where did the cute embroidery designs come from?
            Ana

            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 5, 2011
              On 1/5/2011 8:00 AM, Suzanne Daurio wrote:
              > I have my first finish of 2011 and it's my first quilt that I designed and
              > completed using EQ. I have a few more for 2011 designed and hope to get
              > completed, but it's a start.
              Very nice!

              --
              Sheryl in South Louisiana
              http://quiltingtizzy.wordpress.com/
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 6, 2011
                Really nice!
                Kathy/Germany

                I have my first finish of 2011 and it's my first quilt that I designed and
                completed using EQ. I have a few more for 2011 designed and hope to get
                completed, but it's a start.

                Sue Daurio

                _,_._,___

              • Suzanne Daurio
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 8, 2011
                  The embroidery is bedtime bears from Oregon Patchwork, they had a wonderful say
                  and got them at a great price. Bunnycup.com also has some cute ones. They have
                  retired sets that are free!! And they have always stitched out beautifully for
                  me.
                  Sue Daurio
                  http://suedaurio.blogspot.com/

                  ________________________________
                  From: Ana Kempfer <anakempfer@...>

                  Sue,
                  Your quilt is beautiful! Where did the cute embroidery designs come from?
                  Ana

                • L. Widdows
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 8, 2011
                    Sue, thanks for referring me to Bunnycup designs.  It's a very cute site and I enjoyed going through and seeing all the designs.

                    Now is there a way to incorporate those designs into EQ6?

                    Lynn

                    From: Ana Kempfer <anakempfer@...>

                    Sue,

                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 8, 2011
                      I don't know about EQ6, but in EQ7, you save the embroidery as an .exp file and
                      import to sketchbook. Then you can add it on layer 3 using the set embroidery
                      button. Hope that helps.
                      Sue Daurio

                      From: L. Widdows <my2kidsmom_98@...>

                      Now is there a way to incorporate those designs into EQ6?

                      Lynn

                      -

                    • Jacqui
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 8, 2011
                        Hi Sue, I have been “playing” with this and can’t get it to work. I have embird and when I try to save it as a .exp all I get is the option to save a .bmp or .jpeg.
                        Even when I use the embroideries in the library and show my quilt and try to add the embroideries I keep getting a “dinging” sound. I really need help. Have lost my manual, took it on vacation and haven’t seen it since.
                        Jacqui

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jan 8, 2011
                          well I don't know about embrid. But to place an embroidery on layer 3, select
                          the button that is place embroidery and then you have to drag it to the place on
                          the quilt where you want it rather than a simple select and click. Again, I
                          have EQ7 and never had EQ6, so I may not be the best person to answer your
                          question. Try that and see if it helps.
                          Sue Daurio

                          Message 12 of 16 , Jan 8, 2011
                            When you are in an embroidery program, youmay have to use the export feature to
                            save a design as an .exp file. Once it is saved as exp, go to EQ6 and open the
                            embroidery library. Here you will have to import the file and save it to your
                            sketchbook. On the quilt layout screen, look on the right hand side to see if
                            you have a set embroidery button. If you don't, click on the arrow button with
                            the parralel lines and add the set embroidery button to your tool bar. It has a
                            little butterfly design on it. Once you have the button, click it and your
                            embroidery sketchbook will appear. You should be on layer three to do this.
                            The design should be there and you can click, hold the shift key and drag it
                            over to your quilt layout. I just did this in EQ6 and it worked for me. I hope
                            this helps a bit. Sharon in So Cal.

                            From: L. Widdows <my2kidsmom_98@...>