Upgrade question

  • Green Mountain
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2010
      I have EQ6 now. I use it every few weeks for a project. I am wondering if it is best (money wise) to upgrade each time a new version comes out. I am happy with EQ6. It appears many of the EQ7 upgrades involve photo editing and I have several separate photo editing software packages already that I use for work.

      I guess I'm just wondering "should I go ahead and upgrade now or wait a few years for the next version to come out?" I assume at that point I would have to pay for the full version and maybe it would just make since to keep doing the upgrades? Sorry, I am fairly new to EQ and I don't know the history of how often upgrades are released and the pricing structures.

      Thanks for any guidance.

      Karen
    • greyhoundquiltlady
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2010
        I personally have upgraded each time because the user friendliness has improved with each new release. The Upgrade discount is sufficient that I feel it is a good decision for me. I think you have to ask yourself how much you use it, if you'd like to use it more, and are the new features woth the upgrade price. The EQ6 was a very good version. I am just starting to learn the EQ 7 so I can't give you a review yet. I am going through the tutorials as if I am a new user so I can learn each little trick along the way. Good luck on your decision. Hugs, Deb (QuiltbeemeZ)

        --- In Electric_Quilt@yahoogroups.com, "Green Mountain" <il9707@...> wrote:> I have EQ6 now. I use it every few weeks for a project. I am wondering if it is best (money wise) to upgrade each time a new version comes out. Thanks for any guidance. Karen

      • Steve and Gale
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2010
          if you're happy with EQ6 I'd probably stick with it. I only upgraded
          because I had EQ5 and because EQ7 didn't have the restrictions EQ6 has.
          If you're fine with the restricions, save your $$ for fabric and wait.
          If it was the preorder period I would consider it more seriously since
          the price was lower but now, I wouldn't do it.

          ~Gale~

          http://www.stamps-and-stitches.com
          http://www.chocolate-cheese.com