Re: On-point setting

  • lkingmcgill
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 1, 2010
      I will do that. Thanks for the suggestion.
      Laurene

      --- In EQ5_EQ6@yahoogroups.com, "Marietta Walker" <marietta@...> wrote:

      > Hi there,
      >

      > I went to the Electric Quilt web site and told them the things I would
      > like to see included in the next version. I received a nice email back
      > from them. Please let them know your thoughts, because it is a great
      > feature to add!

    • Susan
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 1, 2010
        I have some 14" paper just for some of my EQ projects. I often adjust margins, do landscape/vs portriat, 14" vs/8.5, then delete pieces that don't fit that way, print what works, then redo the settings and print the rest of the sections. I've even drawn blocks with only the parts I want to print in them. Can all be time consuming, but I can't let the program beat me, LOL!!

        There must have been some reason why some things can be rotated and others can not. Regular templates can be rotated, but the foundation stuff can't. But maybe next time it will be done! I'm not complaining, it is a great program that I just can't imagine not having!
        Susan G
        Central Oregon

        --- In EQ5_EQ6@yahoogroups.com, "lkingmcgill" <lkingmcgill@...> wrote:

        > Thank you all for your input. I just returned from a trip to Myrtle Beach so had not had a chance to respond.
        >
        > I had already tried changing the paper orientation. The margin change would not work since the width of the piece, with seam allowances, was 8 and a half inches. I tried the suggestion of rotating the block in layout. This worked well for the large piece but, unfortunately, the smaller pieces on the page would no longer fit. I can work around that.
        >
        > Thank you all again for the suggestions. I knew there were "pros" out there.
        >
        > My suggestion for future upgrades would be to have a rotate feature in Print Preview so that we can rotate pieces individually for the best fit. Think the creators are listening?
        >
        > Laurene
        >
        > --- In EQ5_EQ6@yahoogroups.com, "Dianne Gronfors" <gronfors@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Glad I could pass on the knowledge. The thanks go to Barb. It's a genius
        > > solution isn't it?
        > > Dianne

      • Laurene
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 3, 2010
          Thanks for the suggestions, Susan.

          I have 14" long paper as well. It comes in handy for long pieces. Unfortunately the piece in question is 8.5" wide so does not fit either size of paper, in either portrait or landscape, without being able to rotate. My printer will only take 8.5" wide paper.

          The suggestion to put the block on-point in a layout and then print preview the block worked for the large piece. However, without the option to rotate in print preview, the rest of the pieces didn't fit well without using many pages. Normally this wouldn't be a problem but it's for class instuctions.

          I emailed my request to EQ for the rotate feature to be extended to foundation piecing patterns in the next update. I received a nice letter back saying that it's on the list as well as the ability to rotate in increments other than 90 degrees.

          Laurene

        • Susan Gardner
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 4, 2010
            I agree, that it sure would be nice to be able to rotate foundation pieces and I have asked EQ to make that a new feature for next time too. Just for this occasion, could you print out all of the sections, however you can get EQ to do it, then cut them out and paste them to one or two pieces of paper & scann them for class hand outs? Not a perfect solution, but it might save paper in the long run.
            Susan

[...]

            believed to be clean.

          • Laurene
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 5, 2010
              I was able to arrange them by putting them in an onpoint layout then print previewing. It was close though since some of the pieces, that were now onpoint, were close to the edge.

              The rotate feature would really be handy.

              Laurene