Lost Software

  • brenda_shewchuk
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 24, 2009
      I'm glad to be a new member of this group. My desktop computer got a virus and was so old we decided to just get a new one, all about the time we moved houses after 17 years. So, I lost my EQ download and now cannot find my software disc (which may have been in the disc drive of the computer we trashed). Anyone any ideas how I can solve this dilema without purchasing all over again? BTW, I did some fantastic designs using my EQ5.
    • Marietta Walker
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2009
        My suggestion would be to contact Electric Quilt. If you were
        registered they might take pity on you and sell you a set of new disk at
        a reduced price. It’s worth a try!

        Marietta

        _____

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2009
          I would write to the people at EQ, and talk to them. If you registered your progam with them, then they would have a record of it, and they may send you a new disc. I don't know if they would charge a fee for it or not, but it's worth a shot.

          Diane in Colorado Springs

          --- In EQ5_EQ6@yahoogroups.com, "brenda_shewchuk" <b.shewchuk@...> wrote:

          > I'm glad to be a new member of this group. My desktop computer got a virus and was so old we decided to just get a new one, all about the time we moved houses after 17 years. So, I lost my EQ download and now cannot find my software disc (which may have been in the disc drive of the computer we trashed). Anyone any ideas how I can solve this dilema without purchasing all over again? BTW, I did some fantastic designs using my EQ5.

        • SHEWCHUK Brenda -INFO TECH
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2009
            Good tip, I'll do it and let you know what happens.

            Brenda M. Shewchuk
            Project Manager
            Bus. Srvs. & IT Technology
            Ontario Power Generation
            416 592 1871

            --- In EQ5_EQ6@yahoogroups.com <mailto:EQ5_EQ6%40yahoogroups.com> ,
            "brenda_shewchuk" <b.shewchuk@...> wrote:

            > I'm glad to be a new member of this group. My desktop computer got a
            virus and was so old we decided to just get a new one, all about the
            time we moved houses after 17 years. So, I lost my EQ download and now
            cannot find my software disc (which may have been in the disc drive of
            the computer we trashed). Anyone any ideas how I can solve this dilema
            without purchasing all over again? BTW, I did some fantastic designs
            using my EQ5.

            THIS MESSAGE IS ONLY INTENDED FOR THE USE OF THE INTENDED
            RECIPIENT(S) AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED,
            PROPRIETARY AND/OR CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not the intended
            recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission,
            dissemination, distribution, copying, conversion to hard copy or
            other use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are
            not the intended recipient and have received this message in error,
            please notify me by return e-mail and delete this message from your
            system. Ontario Power Generation Inc.

          • Marietta Walker
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 4, 2009
              Wow I sent this email several days ago. Is yahoo acting up again. Or
              did I just get lost in cyber space???

              _____