Re: Check out my photos on Facebook

  • Quiltedsanity@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 2, 2009
      Actually, when someone signs up on Facebook, and does a search for people they know, Facebook will search their address book, and send invitations to anyone there.? It is not intentional in any way.? I didn't realize they did it until someone emailed me about it.

      ?Tracy Burkart
      quiltedsanity@...

    • kayahr
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 3, 2009
        Ah, so this group is set up so that anyone can post. I moderate a Yahoo group where only members may post.

        Kay

        --- In EQ5_EQ6@yahoogroups.com, Quiltedsanity@... wrote:

        > Actually, when someone signs up on Facebook, and does a search for people they know, Facebook will search their address book, and send invitations to anyone there.? It is not intentional in any way.? I didn't realize they did it until someone emailed me about it.
        >

        > ?Tracy Burkart
        > quiltedsanity@...

      • weistling
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 3, 2009
          This is what I don't understand because you can NOT post unless you are a member of this group! My daughter wants me to join FB, but I'm afraid to!
          Susan G
          Central Oregon

          --- In EQ5_EQ6@yahoogroups.com, "kayahr" <kayahr@...> wrote:

          > Ah, so this group is set up so that anyone can post. I moderate a Yahoo group where only members may post.
          >
          > Kay
          >
          > --- In EQ5_EQ6@yahoogroups.com, Quiltedsanity@ wrote:
          > >

          > > Actually, when someone signs up on Facebook, and does a search for people they know, Facebook will search their address book, and send invitations to anyone there.? It is not intentional in any way.? I didn't realize they did it until someone emailed me about it.
          > >

          > > ?Tracy Burkart
          > > quiltedsanity@

        • Kathleen Perow
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 3, 2009
            I'm a fairly new FB member, talked into it by my son, and I like it. When
            you sign up you CAN have it search your address book for friends who are
            already members, and so that you CAN send invitations. But it's a choice,
            not mandatory.

            I admit to be fascinated with Facebook, even at my advanced age, but it's
            easy to use once you get the hang of a couple of things that are different.
            I got back in touch with a friend from my high school years (fifty years
            ago, no less) and found an old boyfriend on there I hadn't seen for thirty
            years. It's not a crushing set of connections, but it's sure nice to be able
            to see those old faces!

            Kathy in Sheep Ranch

            On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 9:56 AM, <Quiltedsanity@...> wrote:

            > Actually, when someone signs up on Facebook, and does a search for people
            > they know, Facebook will search their address book, and send invitations to
            > anyone there.? It is not intentional in any way.? I didn't realize they did
            > it until someone emailed me about it.
            >
            > ?Tracy Burkart
            > quiltedsanity@... <quiltedsanity%40aol.com>

          • Rosanne Clouston
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 3, 2009
              The invitation probably did come from the member's email address through
              facebook. She probably just didn't know she picked that option and she's
              apolgized. So it was one message and we've had at least one or two
              postings since complaining about it. Can we let it go now?

              Rosanne
              naturelady@...

            • Christine Abela
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 3, 2009
                No, all new members are moderated. Once you have posted a message that
                shows you are a genuine member, and interested in EQ5/EQ6, I put you on
                unmoderated so you can post freely.

                What happened in the Facebook case was that an unmoderated member had a
                message posted under her name about Facebook. She doesn't know how it
                happened (she didn't do it herself) and she has reported the problem.

                Christine
                (List Mum)

                Great Australian quilting web sites: http://www.quiltaustralia.com
                Are YOU ready for a professional web site yet?
                http://www.geckogully.com/websites

                Ah, so this group is set up so that anyone can post. I moderate a Yahoo
                group where only members may post.

                Kay

                --- In EQ5_EQ6@yahoogroups.com, Quiltedsanity@... wrote:

                > Actually, when someone signs up on Facebook, and does a search for
                people they know, Facebook will search their address book, and send
                invitations to anyone there.? It is not intentional in any way.? I didn't
                realize they did it until someone emailed me about it.

                > ?Tracy Burkart
                > quiltedsanity@...

                18:03:00

              • Quiltedsanity@aol.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 4, 2009
                  Ah, so this group is set up so that anyone can post. I moderate a Yahoo
                  group where only members may post.

                  Not anyone. But she is a member and it uses her email.

                  Tracy Burkart
                  quiltedsanity@...