New to EQ5

  • sanderella1953
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 30, 2004
      Hi,
      My name is Sandy and I live in Southern Illinois. I am
      married, and have two grown children, a daughter that turned 30
      yesterday, and a son, who is 27.

      I purchased EQ5 last week. I can see that it is going to be a
      wonderful program. Presently, I am using it to print patterns out
      the size that I want. I am working on a sampler quilt. I have 7
      blocks completed. I am piecing them by hand. I also love needleturn
      applique. I have been making quilts for about 12 years. However, I
      haven't made one in a couple of years. I decided it was time to get
      started. I believe that the EQ5 program is going to make this hobby
      much more enjoyable for me. I am thinking about purchasing another
      EQ5 program, but haven't made my mind up yet on which one it's gonna
      be.

      I'm very happy that I have found this group.

      Happy Sewing,

      Sandy in Southern Illinois
    • Sheila Williams
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1 5:23 AM
        At 7/30/2004, sanderella1953 wrote:
        >I am thinking about purchasing another
        >EQ5 program, but haven't made my mind up yet on which one it's gonna be.

        Hi Sandy,

        I would highly recommend you start with "BlockBase 2".

        This is a computer version of Barbara Brackman's "Encyclopedia of Pieced
        Quilt Patterns" book. The program has 4000 blocks in it.

        This will bring your block library up to 9000 blocks with EQ5's 3000
        blocks. Way Cool!!!!

        BB2 can be linked to EQ5 so you can access the blocks and create quilts.

        BB2 has history of all the blocks and like the blocks in EQ5 you can print
        out templates, foundation piecing and rotary cutting instructions. BB2 also
        allows you to print out a commercial template listing for Marti Michell's
        Templates.

        Click here for more information about Marti Michell's Templates:
        <http://www.frommarti.com>http://www.frommarti.com

        ^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
        Sheila Williams
        Computer and Quilting Software Consultant
        Temecula,CA
        mailto:donegan@...
        http://www.SheilaWilliams.com
        Creator/Publisher of "EQ4/5 Tutorial CD-ROM" Available NOW
      • ke9976
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2004
          I just received my EQ 5. I hope I can learn lots from this list. I
          live in Central South Dakota.

          Thanks,

          Karen