Re: Using EQ6 with embroidery designs

  • Christine
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2009
      Another option than using the Embroidery format along with an RGB file is using a picture of the embroidery it works well. EQ 6 also uses pictures
    • Diane
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2009
        Kathy,

        What software do you use? Most software packages can convert files to other formats, but as someone said, it may not save the color information.

        While you can use pictures of your embrodiery designs, you can't resize the picture or change the color of the background (with out creating a new picture), or change thread colors.

        So, if you want to play around with your designs, and designing a quilt, the best way would be convert your designs to .EXP format,as that will give you the most options to play around with in EQ.

        Also, if you want to combine embroidery designs into a quilt block, and then play with those blocks in EQ, it is faster and easier to create your quilt blocks in your embroidery software, rather than trying to do that in EQ.

        Diane in Colorado Springs