Printing Patterns

  • judy reid
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3, 2005
      Hi Everyone!!

      I am having a problem with EQ5 that I hope you can help me with.

      When I print foundation patterns, it is not printing the Unit on each
      section. The particular pattern that I am printing now has 5 sections. The
      first two print the name of the pattern and say "Unit A" and "Unit B" There
      is nothing printing out on Unit C or D. Unit E just prints "Unit E" on it.

      Unit C and D are tilted on the page (the piece is at a slant) so I'm
      thinking that EQ5 can't print at an angle?? Does this happen to anyone
      else? Is it just a glitch in the program or is there some way around this?

      It is kind of strange because when I am previewing the pattern and move the
      page around while zooming in on a section, I can see that it says Unit C or
      Unit D. It appears and then disappears.

      Please let me know if you can help.

      Thanks
      Judy in TX

      http://www.fivesistersquiltshop.com
    • Sheila Williams
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3, 2005
        At 7/3/2005, you wrote:
        >It is kind of strange because when I am previewing the pattern and move the
        >page around while zooming in on a section, I can see that it says Unit C or
        >Unit D. It appears and then disappears.

        Hi Judy,

        What is the name of the block you are trying to print.

        ^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
        Sheila Williams
        Computer and Quilting Software Consultant
        Temecula,CA
        mailto:donegan@...
        http://www.SheilaWilliams.com
        Creator/Publisher of "EQ4/5 Tutorial CD-ROM" Available NOW
      • Sherry Moore
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 3, 2005
          Sheila, Judy is trying to print a block she created. It's a paper piecing
          block and she is trying to print out the sections as a foundation pattern.

          I've had the same problem when I create a block and print it as a foundation
          pattern. Some of the Unit labels print and some don't. :(

          Cheers,
          Sherry
          mooresherry@...

          http://community.webshots.com/user/mooresherry

          http://www.fivesistersquiltshop.com

          "Tell me the company you keep, and I'll tell you who you are." Proverb
        • Sheila Williams
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 3, 2005
            Hi Judy,

            No the program currently does not label the template label on a slant and
            no currently there is no way to "rotate" the templates in the print preview
            window.

            These features have been requested for and added to the 6.0 Version wish
            list by users on the Info-eq list. It has also been requested that the Unit
            Letter also print on all templates where they apply.

            In the mean time a work around would be to use a PDF Writer to add the
            text. If you own the full version of Adobe Acrobat you can use this
            program to add the labels to the templates. If not, there are also a few
            free PDF Writers that you can download and install from the Internet that
            will also do the job.

            Check them out.

            ^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 4, 2005
              At 7/3/2005, you wrote:
              >Here's a scan of the foundation pattern I just printed of a block that I
              >drew. All of the units are labeled except Unit E.

              Yes, I see. As I outlined to Judy. Unit E has no horizontal straight line
              to print the label on. It only has vertical slant lines and the program
              will not print to these at this time.

              ^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 4, 2005
                At 7/3/2005, you wrote:
                >I currently have Adobe Acrobat ver. 5 and was wondering how to get text
                >into the program to write a pdf file. I knew that there had to be a way
                >to do this, but can't find it in the books I bought to go with the program.

                Hi Betty,

                First your have to have the fill version of the program not the free
                "reader" version.

                If you do have the "Full" version then you would change your printer in EQ5
                to the PDF Writer Drive in the "Page Setup".

                This is outlined in the manual that came with your Acrobat Program.