Designing a Stack-n-whack quilt

  • Judy Belshe
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 30, 2008
      I am trying to color in the fabric choices (from the fabric library)
      for planning a Stack-n-Whack Dresden Plate. I have used the "fussy
      cut" tool to place the position of the fabric design as I want it in
      the first blade. Is there any way to copy this blade(patch) to the
      other patches in the unit? If I just select the same fabric a
      different segment of the fabric design comes over.

      By the way I am a new member also, and also from Ohio (the Columbus
      area). I have had both EQ5 and EQ6 and have designed quite a number of
      projects using the programs. Really love them both. Hope to learn
      lots of new techniques by looking at other's posts. Also hope to be
      able to give some assistance to others from time to time.
    • Sue O
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2008
        That sounds like an upgrade for Electric Quilt to do. I have no idea
        but would like to know. I hope someone will reply.
        Sue
        The Crafty Fox
        A scrappy girl in the material world
      • Sheila Williams
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2008
          At 7/30/2008, you wrote:
          >Is there any way to copy this blade(patch) to the
          >other patches in the unit? If I just select the same fabric a
          >different segment of the fabric design comes over.

          Hi Judy,

          No, there is no way to copy a patch to a patch in EQ.

          ^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
          Sheila Williams
          Computer and Quilting Software Consultant
          Temecula,CA
          mailto:donegan@...
          http://www.SheilaWilliams.com
          Creator/Publisher of "EQ4/5 Tutorial CD-ROM" Available NOW
        • dotmrichey@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 4, 2008
            Have you tried the fabric rotation tool? Pages 212-213 in the EQ6 User
            Manual explain the process. Sounds like it could be fun!

            Dottie in Atlanta
            _mailto_ (http://mailto/) :dotmrichey@...

            Read reviews on AOL Autos.