EQ5 Embroidery Question

  • Barbara Atkins
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2008
      Is there a way to add to the Embroidery Library so I can use some of my
      own designs?
      Batty
    • Sheila Williams
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2008
        At 7/1/2008, you wrote:
        >Is there a way to add to the Embroidery Library so I can use some of my
        >own designs?

        No there is not, but you can add your own Embroidery Designs to the
        "My Library".

        You work this Library just as you would the "My Library" in the
        Block, Fabric, Layout, and Photo Library.

        Check out pages 143 - 146 in your EQ6 User Manual for more detailed
        information.

        ^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
        Sheila Williams
        Computer and Quilting Software Consultant
        Temecula,CA
        mailto:donegan@...
        http://www.SheilaWilliams.com
        Creator/Publisher of "EQ4/5 Tutorial CD-ROM" Available NOW
      • Leanne Braggs
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2008
          Hi Batty,

          I am very new to EQ6, and I am not sure if I am understanding your question
          correctly, but I am thinking that you are wanting to be able to search all
          embroidery files and come up with your own, rather than having to go to my
          libraries separately - hope I'm correct. I have done this with my blocks
          and have just tried it with an embroidery design. What I did was to save a
          design in my library, calling it whatever. Then in the Embroidery Library,
          I went to link library, then add, name for the library "my Embroidery
          Library" (you can't just call it my library in both blocks and embroidery or
          whatever, so it has to be unique), then went to browse and found MyEQ6 (in
          my case it is in my documents), clicked on user (nothing seems to happen at
          this stage) then OK, then add. This then put My Embroidery Libraries in EQ
          Libraries, under EQ6 Libraries. If you do a search with just the EQ
          Libraries showing, any design in either EQ libraries or your own will come
          up.

          I hope I haven't misunderstood what you were wanting and just stated the
          obvious here. This works for any libraries. As I said, I am very new to
          this, so I might not have it all correct and when you add another design, I
          think it automatically adds to both My Library and to the My Embroidery
          Library linked under EQ Libraries (a bit confusing I know!), but you will
          have to check and let me know as I haven't got very far in doing lots of
          things.

          Hope this helps you or someone.

          Leanne

          _____

          It has removed 81 spam emails to date.
          Try SPAMfighter <http://www.spamfighter.com/len> for free now!

        • Leanne Braggs
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 2, 2008
            --- In EQ5_EQ6@yahoogroups.com, "Leanne Braggs" <lbraggs@...> wrote:

            > Hi everyone,

            Sorry, I HAVE just stated the obvious..... I never found this in the
            book when I tried to do it - I must not have looked too well!! Ignore
            what I wrote as you would all do this anyway.

            Leanne

            > I hope I haven't misunderstood what you were wanting and just stated the
            > obvious here.

          • Barbara Atkins
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 3, 2008
              The more I thought of it, I decide that I could place jpg's of my
              stuff in the picture gallery... I think. I'm suffering from a
              horrible case of brain fog this week.

              Happy 4the of July

              Batty