Re: [EQ5_EQ6] new groupie

  • Donna Convery
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2008
      Welcome Lisa
      Hope you enjoy the EQ6, I have been using EQ for years and really love it. Although I am not the pro that you are I have found it wonderful for designing my quilts. I wouldn't even think of doing a quilt without it. Enjoy
      Donna in KY

      Lisa Larson <larsonfamily@...> wrote:
      Hi fellow quilters, I live and quilt in western Wisconsin. I learned
      to handquilt (primary) about 35 years ago at my grandmothers knee
      (where else?). About 12 years ago I took 3 classes (paid) so I could
      understand what I was actually doing (LOL). A handpiecing class.
      handquilting, and a needleturn applique class. I have a library of
      quilting books,internet patterns and 100's of individual pages and
      magizines. My husband got me the EQ6 2 years ago and I have yet to
      learn how to use it. I need lots of help as I am only about 25%
      computer litterate. I put most of my time in making utility quilts.
      I have made many specialty quilts for wedding gifts but prefer the
      more simple beauty of the art. I have a quilting studio with about
      600 bolts and 1000's of fq's. I do pattern testing for an internet
      company, quilts for several organizations, and pride myself on
      donating fabric to several groups so they can carry on their good
      deeds. I have many WIP's and UFO's but many of them came from classes
      that I have taught and many came from different swaps that I have been
      in. At the young age of 53 (March) I have so many more things to
      learn about the craft of quilting and I know that this group will be
      more than helpful in this area. I have many 'primitive' utilities
      that I have also adapted to my own personal quilting and will do my
      best to help anyone out when I see that there is a problem. Thank you
      in advance for considering me for this group and I hope that I can be
      a positive influence. Lisa

    • Sue Sanderson
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2008
        I am new to the group too.

        Sue in London, UK. Today in the post my EQ6 arrived!! I got the made
        simplified book and the block book too, as well as the applique CD's.
        However, I need to wait til the 10th March - to get my new Apple Mac -
        before I can play. I also belong to the EQ on MAc's yahoo group too.

        I am not exactly new to quilting - but not exactly an expert either.
        My main interests have been embroidery and knitting. But I also
        started to go to a textile art class once a month a few years back and
        that led me to Carol Soderlund and her dyeing class - which I did at
        Nancy Crow's barn last year.

        So now I have access to all the wonderful colours I could possibly
        want and aim to move to quilt making. I also think it will be faster
        for me to do my design work on a computer than on paper with colouring
        pencils etc...

        So I will let you all know when I'm all set up - no doubt I will have
        some questions.

        Regards
        Sue
        e-mail: suemsanderson@...
        http://stitch-n-dye.blogspot.com/

        On 1 Mar 2008, at 12:14, Donna Convery wrote:

        > Welcome Lisa
        > Hope you enjoy the EQ6, I have been using EQ for years and really
        > love it. Although I am not the pro that you are I have found it
        > wonderful for designing my quilts. I wouldn't even think of doing a
        > quilt without it. Enjoy
        > Donna in KY

      • Angela Neff
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2008
          Hi Lisa,
          I am Andee in Midwest Wisconsin so I thought I would give you a wave. I learned to quilt at age 20 from my neighbor. I did a few quilts (with cheap thread so they fell apart after several washings) and then didn't have time to quilt for years. About 6 years ago I decided to make a baby quilt (spider web one from a mag) and I got bitten by the quilting bug....since then I have made about 50 quilts. I love them, can't get enough! It bites into my reading time but...
          I have EQ5 and have tried to follow the stuff in the books with decent success, but when I try to do things on my own I struggle. I also did the online mystery related to using EQ and when my laptop crashed I lost all I had done so haven't redone it yet, but was enjoying that!
          Andee in Wisc